So… how much does your cell phone cost you each month? $40? $60? $80? More? What if I told you your cell phone could actually make you money? Yep, if you’ve got a smartphone you could be recouping part of your monthly bill by taking advantage of money making apps.
Money making apps come in a variety of flavors. Some of them ask you to do small tasks like take pictures or fill out surveys while others help you earn cash just by shopping. Regardless of which money making app you favor, none of them require anything too difficult. Seriously, it is the closest thing to just finding money on the ground.
I’m not saying you’ll get rich using money making apps, but you can make some extra, quick cash that’ll certainly come in handy. What’s great about money making apps is, as mentioned above, they don’t require a ton of time or effort and there are so many to choose from. Here are 48 of my favorite money making apps.
P.S. if you want more ways to make money at home, like these money making apps, be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Make Money at Home Pinterest board.
Save While You Shop
Ever heard the saying “You have to spend money to make money?” Well, I never bought into it, but these money making apps do indeed allow you to earn big bucks while you shop. Remember, only buy what you need!
1. Saving Star – Earn cash just by purchasing the products you and your family love with this app! Plus enjoy special freebies and offers available exclusively to Saving Star users. Bonus: Everything is digital, so you don’t have to print anything.
2. Groupon Snap – This money making app allows you to earn cash back whenever you buy groceries regardless of your store of choice.
3. Checkout 51 – Before you hit the store, use this app to select special offers. Then, after you shop, upload a picture of your receipt and Checkout51 will send you a check. Super simple, right?
4. Ibotta – Download Ibotta (for free) and get paid for the purchases you make on a daily basis. This money making app supports purchases at over 150 stores including Walmart, Target, Walgreens, and Best Buy.
5. Shrink – Earn cash and rewards in a variety of ways with Shrink. You earn cash back on first time purchases and points every time you shop that can be redeemed for cash or other freebies. Plus, when friends or family members buy the products you recommend you earn more points. Pretty sweet, huh?
6. iSecretShop – Shop till you drop and get paid to do it! This money making app will show you which local businesses, including restaurants and stores, are recruiting “secret shoppers”. iSecretShop agents go “undercover” to gather information for these businesses so that they can improve their customer experience.
7. Jingit – Sweet and simple, Jingit is a great way to score some extra pocket change. You can earn cash one of three ways:
a.) Watching ads
b.) Scanning the barcodes of certain products at your local store
c) Scanning the barcode on your receipt when you purchase select brands
8. Ebates – The ability to earn up to 26% cash back each time you shop within a network of over 1,700 stores makes this money making app pretty darn attractive. Stores in their network include Sephora, Kohls, Groupon, and Walmart. In addition to snagging cash back, Ebates offers a variety of special offers to its users such as free shipping.
9. Checkpoints – Save when you shop for top brands and earn rewards with this money making app featured in the Washington Post, NY Times, USA Today and CNN. This is another app that will help you save money regardless of your store of choice.
10. Shopmium – Forget clipping coupons! Choose offers on Shopium for your fav products and brands, shop till you drop, upload a picture of your receipt, and get paid.
11. ReceiptPal – Are you just throwing your receipts away? Pssh, that’s like throwing money away! With ReceiptPal, you score points just for snapping a quick pic of your receipt.
12. StockUp – You could win $100 just for validating prices at your local grocery store! Yup, with StockUp, each time you enter the price of a grocery item you earn 20 points and each time you enter the price of a non-grocery item you earn 1 point… once you stock up 200 points you’re entered to win $100 (a winner is chosen each day).
13. Shopkick – Get paid just for window-shopping thanks to this money making app. You’ll earn “kicks” (think of them as points) just for walking into your fav stores like Macy’s, Target, and Best Buy. Plus, you’ll get notifications of great deals and trending products to help you save money when you do decide to break out that wallet.