“What’s for dinner?”
Oh boy… that can be a tough question. You want to make something delicious, and nutritious, and quick, and easy on your wallet. But what fits the bill for all those requirements?
Lucky for us, Pinterest and other Internet sites make it pretty easy to come up with tasty and cheap dinners. Here, I’ve rounded up 40(!) healthy, cheap meal ideas for you to try. For even more ideas, don’t miss my list of cheap meals for large families.
40 Cheap Dinner Meals
You can also find cheap, easy recipes on Freebie Finding Mom’s Dinner Recipes on a Budget, Slow Cooker Meals, and Must-Try Food Recipes Pinterest boards!
Cheap Chicken Dinner Meals
1. Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore (Freebie Finding Mom) – This yummy, cheap chicken dish is sure to be devoured by everyone in your family. And since it’s made in a slow cooker, it couldn’t be easier.
2. Crockpot Chicken Marsala (Freebie Finding Mom) – This delicious recipe is for those chaotic nights when all you can manage is throwing ingredients in a crockpot. (We’ve all been there!) It’s so easy you won’t believe how delicious it is.
3. Crockpot Chicken Sausage and Peppers (Freebie Finding Mom) – Chicken sausage makes this meal healthier, but it’s just as good the original. Try it to see what I mean!
4. Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken (Freebie Finding Mom) – This recipe is a tropical escape, in cheap and easy meal form! It’s just the thing to have on a dreary, cold weeknight.
5. Chicken Parmesan Casserole (Dancing Through the Rain) – It’s like a pasta dish, but in casserole form: that means you get to toss the ingredients in a baking dish, set the timer, and walk away! Then, when you take it out of the oven, the compliments roll in.
6. Instant Pot Chicken Tacos (Recipes From a Pantry) – Instant Pot makes it so easy to whip up this meal.
7. Salsa Chicken (Sugar and Soul) – This recipe packs a lot of flavor for having just four ingredients, and it’s so easy to make!
8. Chicken Spaghetti (A Reinvented Mom) – Like spaghetti, but looking for something different? Try this kind, made with chicken and cheddar cheese instead of marinara and meatballs.
9. Easy Chicken Quesadillas (Food Meanderings) – Quesadillas are a family favorite, and for good reason: they’re easy to make and full of gooey, cheesy goodness. This recipe is a failsafe for when you don’t know what to make.
10. Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Rice Soup (Easy Instant Recipes) – When it’s rainy or cold, this soup is sure to warm you up. Best of all, it’s quick to make (under 15 minutes) and very budget-friendly!
11. Skillet Chicken Sausage with Apples (Montana Happy) – Shake up your dinner routine with this yummy, unique recipe.
12. Crockpot Chicken Fajitas (A Clean Bake) – This is the best kind of recipe: not only is it delicious, it takes almost no time to prepare, is easy to clean up, and makes enough for leftovers. That’s a win-win-win-win.
13. Easy Chicken Tetrazzini (Coupon Cravings) – If you’ve never made this tetrazzini, I suggest you do so ASAP. It’s one casserole you won’t mind reheating the next day!
14. Chipotle’s Burrito Bowls (Savings Lifestyle) – Skip Chipotle and save money by making your own burrito bowls at home. It’s just as good as the “real” thing, I promise!
15. Instant Pot Jambalaya (Easy Instant Recipes) – Spice up your mealtime with this incredibly flavorful jambalaya.
Leave a Reply