This year there is no need to rush to Hallmark; say “Happy Valentine’s Day” from the heart with homemade Valentine’s Day cards. Regardless if you are gifting a card to someone who is 8 or 80, there’s something here sure to inspire you. Check out this list of 25 homemade Valentine’s Day cards.
1. Colorful Curled Paper Bouquet: Adorn your homemade Valentine’s Day card with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Your Valentine is sure to be impressed. Bonus: Making this bouquet is much easier than it appears. This arrangement is made by curling colorful paper around slim wooden sticks like pencils and paint brushes.
2. I Just Love You: Sometimes the best Valentine’s Day cards are the simplest. No tremendous crafting skills or creativity is needed to send this sweet message. Cut out hearts of varying sizes and styles from construction paper to make this heartfelt, homemade Valentine’s Day card.
3. A Seamstress’s Creativity: If you have extra sewing supplies laying around, repurpose them to make a pretty and creative homemade Valentine’s Day card.
4. Cute as a Button: Here’s a great use for those extra buttons, craft a homemade Valentine’s Day card that is cute as a button.
5. Valentine, You Rule: Here’s a homemade Valentine’s Day card that is as useful as it is cute. Grab little rulers and affix a darling heart to make your own Valentine, You Rule cards. This is a great idea for kids’ Valentine’s Day parties.
6. Hershey’s Kiss Card: Even the littlest crafters can make this sweet homemade Valentine’s Day card. With the help of tin foil, card stock and a pair of googly eyes, this Hershey’s Kiss Card comes to life.
7. I Like How You Roll: What’s better than a homemade Valentine’s Day card? A homemade Valentine’s Day card with candy of course! Tell your Valentine you like “how they roll” with the help of some delicious chocolate (like this Rolo).
8. S’mores Valentine’s Day Card: Let your friends know you need “s’more friends like them” with these cute Valentine’s Day cards. After adding in a small Hershey’s chocolate bar, graham crackers and heart shaped marshallows, use these free Valentine printables to complete your gift.
9. Heart of Ribbon: Ribbon scraps have never looked so good! Gather your scraps of ribbon and showcase them in a charming homemade Valentine’s Day card that is far more attractive than anything you’ll find at the store.
10. From the Bottom of My Heart to the Tips of My Toes…I Love You: Borrow a couple of cute little hands and a foot to send this sweet message.
11. Paint Chip Valentine: This is what happens when you let your creativity run wild at the home improvement store! Who knew that paint chips could be used to make such a brilliant (and cheap) homemade Valentine’s Day card?
12. Goldfish Valentine’s Day Card: I love this homemade Valentine’s Day card idea! It would be perfect for my son’s preschool class. This card is dual purpose; it sends a sweet message and fills little tummies.
13. You Rock, Valentine: Tell your Valentines “they rock” with the help of Pop Rocks!
15. Won’t Chew Be Mine?: How can your recipient resist being your Valentine when you gift them these yummy treats?
16. I “Wheelie” Like You: Form a toilet paper roll into the shape of a heart then dip it into red paint and place it on card stock. Next affix this free printable and a car eraser to finish off this I “Wheelie” Like You homemade Valentine’s Day card.
17. Scented Valentine’s Day Cards: Jazz up your homemade Valentine’s Day cards with delicious scents. Make these scented Valentine’s Day cards by blowing food coloring mixed with Frosting Creations to create a card that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
18. Valentine Pop Up Card: Let your heart jump off the paper with this homemade Valentine’s Day pop up card technique.
19. Matchbook Style Valentine’s Day Cards: Camouflage a yummy chocolate treat with these charming matchbook style Valentine’s Day cards.
20. Lollipop and a Smile: This little guy chose to say “Happy Valentine’s Day” with his irresistible smile and a lollipop.
21. To My Perfect Match: Remind your partner the two of you make a pretty cool combo or in this case, “a perfect match” with this homemade Valentine’s Day card.
22. Friendship Bracelet Valentines: Here’s a fun and creative homemade Valentine’s Day card idea for young girls! String homemade friendship bracelets through this printable to make these special Valentine’s Day cards. Her friends will love rocking their homemade friendship bracelets and be reminded of her thoughtfulness year round.
24. Mix CD Valentine: Give the gift of music. Make your Valentine a homemade Valentine’s Day card and a personalized playlist of songs he/she is sure to love.
25. Shaving Cream Valentine: Shaving cream, food coloring, q-tips, photo frame cards, and small reclosable bags are the primary supplies needed to make these homemade Valentine’s Day cards that are guaranteed to keep young kids engaged and clean (at least for a few minutes). 🙂
Which of these homemade Valentine’s Day cards inspires you? Please share in the comments.