Natural Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream
You want to look like the best version of yourself–and I’m right there with ya! I know that getting older is inevitable, and with it comes some gray hairs and wrinkles, but I don’t think I’m there yet. I want my skin to maintain a healthy, youthful glow for as long as possible, and I want to do it naturally and without breaking the bank.
You might be thinking that’s a big ask: after all, aren’t most anti-aging products either 1) really expensive or 2) filled with weird, chemical-y ingredients? Not so! You can actually DIY a homemade anti-wrinkle cream that’s natural and filled with good-for-you, cost-effective ingredients. (AKA, you won’t be wasting your money on expensive, chemical-laden products that don’t work.)
This natural homemade wrinkle cream is made with a blend of shea butter, beeswax (optional: take it out to make this product vegan), and plant essential oils. These oils include Frankincense and Sandalwood–used since the days of Cleopatra to promote youthful and healthy skin. Together, these natural ingredients give you a nighttime anti-wrinkle cream that helps erase the look of wrinkles and restore your skin to its youthful state. Skin that is moisturized, free of harmful bacteria, and well taken care of will automatically improve. I recommend using this nightly to see some impressive results!
Ready to get started? Keep reading to see the ingredients and directions. (I’ve also linked to some great options to make it easier to find the best quality ingredients.)
- ¼ cup shea butter
- 2 T. Coconut oil
- 2 tsp. Rosehip oil
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Frankincense Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 2 tsp. Beeswax pastilles (optional)
(NOTE: Beeswax gives your cream a firmer texture and does help hold moisture in your skin, but it’s not necessary to make this cream.)
1. Place shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax (if you are using it) in a small pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until melted. You can also melt it right in the jar you will be using if you like: this is the method that I prefer because it’s one less pan to wash after you’re done!
2. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to let it completely cool.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the rosehip oil, vitamin E oil, and essential oils. Mix to combine well.
4. Once mixed with the final ingredients, put it back in the fridge and let it completely harden. It will soften in a warm room and harden back up when cold. (However, it melts beautifully with just the body heat from your fingertips–allowing you to add just as much as you want to your skin.)
To use: After washing your face as normal in the evening, apply a light coat to entire face and neck. You can also use it on your chest if you like.
Let me know in the comments below how this homemade anti-wrinkle cream works out for you! Also, please give your recommendations for any other natural anti-wrinkle creams or solutions!
If you’re looking for other natural anti-aging products, be sure to check out my DIY recipes for Grapefruit-Scented Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream, a basic Homemade Anti-Aging Night Cream, Natural Homemade Face Moisturizers (good for all skin, not just aging), and a Natural Anti-Aging Face Mask.