Looking for holiday themed family fun that won’t break the bank or your home? Look no further than a moveable printable elf template! When you download the elf template printable PDF pack you’ll get 3 adorable elves including an “elf yourself” template printable, a colorable elf, and an elf that is ready to be put together.
Printable Elf Template That’s Ready to Go
Pressed for time? If you’re on the hunt less for a craft project and more for a frugal way to decorate your home or something for your kiddo to play with, this pre-colored elf template printable PDF is the answer.
I love the idea of placing these printable elf templates strategically around the home such as in the Christmas tree. Another fun idea would be to use them as part of your Christmas dinner place settings. Print an elf for each person, write his or her name on it, and place the elf where they should sit.
To make sure everyone feels included, there’s both a light and dark skinned elf template printable PDF!
Another great use for this ready-to-go printable elf template? Use it to surprise your kiddos!
Yep, use this as a printable elf on the shelf template! In other words, make the elf while your kids are asleep and then place it somewhere they’ll notice. When they discover it the next day, pretend you know nothing about this printable elf on the shelf template. It must be Christmas magic, right? 😉
Tip: If you are using this as a printable elf on the shelf template, you might need some additional inspiration. Learn more about how elf on the shelf works and get a free printable elf on the shelf letter template here and get cute, clever, and easy elf on the shelf ideas here.
“Elf Yourself” Template Printable
Use the “elf yourself” template printable to transform your whole family into elves this holiday season! Again, there’s both a light and dark skinned printable elf template available so that you can customize it to fit your family.
There are so many adorable ways you could use this “elf yourself” template printable. Two of my favorite options are:
- Creating one for each family member and placing them so that they peak out of your stockings.
- Incorporating them in your Christmas card.
The second option might involve a little extra work but one way I think you could do it is to create an “elf yourself” template printable for each family member, arrange them somewhere cute, and then take a photo. Use the photo of your “elf yourself” family in your Christmas card.
What other cute ways can you think of to use this “elf yourself” template printable? Share your ideas and inspiration in the comments!
Colorable Printable Elf Template
To maximize the fun, snag this colorable elf template printable PDF. You and your kiddos can color it together before assembly. This is a great winter, indoor activity that won’t make a mess, which means it’s a Mom approved favorite! 😉
Once you’ve chosen the printable elf template (or templates) you want to use, read on for what you’ll need and how to assemble them!
Printable Elf Template Materials
- Heavy, white paper (like cardstock)
- Small hole punch
- Photo of your child’s face – if you’re using the “elf yourself” template printable
- Coloring supplies, like crayons, coloring pencils, or washable markers – if you’re using the colorable elf template printable PDF
Printable Elf Template Directions
1. Download the printable elf template pack of your choice.
2. Print on heavy white paper.
3. If you’re using the colorable elf template printable PDF, have your kiddo color the elf now.
4. Carefully cut out the elf pieces.
5. If you’re using the “elf yourself” template printable, glue the cut out picture of your child’s face to the elf’s head.
6. Using the hole punch, punch out all of the little black circles on the elf pieces.
7. Place the arms behind the body, and insert the brads to attach the arms.
8. Place the legs behind the body, and insert the brads to attach the legs.
Can you think of other fun uses for these printable elf templates? I’d love to see your ideas! Please share in the comments.