I’m just going to come right out and say it—this low calorie brownies recipe is a diet saver! Seriously, these 37 calorie brownies (that’s right, only 37 calories) will sooth your sweet tooth without sacrificing your diet.
Do you know how to make low calorie brownies? If not, read on, because I’m about to share a recipe for 37 calorie brownies that’ll knock your socks off! 🙂
If you’ve ever dieted (and who hasn’t?), you know that depriving yourself of all tasty treats usually ends in failure in the form of a crazed binge. That’s why I like to allow myself little indulgences like these ooey-gooey low cal brownies. To put it plainly, this low calorie brownie recipe is amazing.
Not only are these low cal brownies delicious, but they also only have 37 calories each. Yep, that’s right. Thirty seven calories. I typed it out so you know that number is no typo. 😉
I know what your thinking. You’re thinking, “37 calories? Great, so what? Nothing that low in calories is going to be any good.” Right?
These low calorie brownies are delicious. The applesauce and Greek yogurt give them a smooth texture that borders on decadent. Seriously, when you’re scarfing one of these low calorie brownies down you’ll almost feel guilty, like you’ve fallen off the diet wagon.
You would never guess that these low cal brownies are in fact low calorie.
On top of all that, they’re shockingly easy to make. You can be impatiently waiting for these 37 calorie brownies to cool so you can devour them in just 30 minutes (maybe less). Plus, this whole low calorie brownie recipe only has 5 steps… and one of those is to let them cool before diving in. 🙂
Keeping a batch of these low calorie brownies on hand, assuming you can keep everyone in your house from eating them as fast as you can make them, is a great way to help yourself make healthier choices. The next time you’re craving something truly bad for you, reach for one of these low calorie brownies instead.
Low Calorie Brownies Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cups Truvia natural sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup applesauce
3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk
Lite whipped cream (optional)
Low Calorie Brownies Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat together cocoa powder, oats, Truvia, baking powder, salt, egg, applesauce, yogurt, and skim milk.
3. Pour low calorie brownies batter into baking pan.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes then allow low cal brownies to cool. (Yes, I know it’s hard!)
5. Cut into 9 squares and enjoy!
Optional: Add a swirl of lite whipped cream to your 37 calorie brownies for a little extra sweetness.
More Recipes Like This Low Calorie Brownies Recipe
Is your sweet tooth soothed? Ready to take on more easy and delicious recipes like these low calorie brownies? Here are some of my favorite healthy recipes that don’t make me feel like I’m missing out on the “real” thing like this Red Gluten Free Licorice.
- Bite-sized desserts, like these desserts in a jar
- Pan fried cinnamon bananas
- Orange juice popsicles with fruit
- Sweet potato and kale chips
- Frozen yogurt bark
What are your favorite low calorie dessert or snack recipes? Please share in the comments!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cups Truvia natural sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Lite whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together cocoa powder, oats, Truvia, baking powder, salt, egg, applesauce, yogurt, and skim milk.
- Pour low calorie brownies batter into baking pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow low cal brownies to cool. (Yes, I know it’s hard!)
- Cut into 9 squares and enjoy!
Optional: Add a tablespoon of lite whipped cream on top for a little extra sweetness.