Wondering how to treat sore muscles? This remedy will make sore muscles feel good whether you have sore muscles for no reason or have been working out!
If the phrase “how to treat sore muscles” is something you’ve recently Googled or even just thought about, you’re in the right place! Unfortunately, you don’t have to be an avid gym user or marathon runner to find yourself hunting for remedies for sore muscles. Nope, while you may think you have sore muscles for “no reason” at all, the reality is that tension (stress), age, and everyday activities (like hoisting that little one onto your hip!) can also lead to aching muscles. Obviously accidents like car wrecks and falls can also lead to muscle pain. Lucky, there are many, many products that can help you.
When you find yourself needing to figure out how to treat sore muscles, your first instinct might be to grab something like a pill or cream from your local pharmacy. That makes sense. You’re busy. You’re in pain. Pharmacies are supposed to offer safe products to make you better quickly, right? Ideally, but sometimes their remedies for sore muscles can actually be harmful. For instance, you may be rubbing chemicals into your skin that cause irritation. Taking a pill (whether over the counter or prescription) to make sore muscles feel good can cause you to engage in activities that do further damage because you can’t feel pain. In addition, many pills can cause drowsiness which leaves you struggling to get through your day and waking up the next morning with a foggy brain. Not fun!
So, does that mean you have to live with sore muscles?
Not a chance! There are awesome natural cures for sore muscles you can take advantage of. For instance, you could get a massage. Tip: If a “professional” massage is not in the budget, ask the hubby to help you out. Whip up this homemade massage oil to go along with that massage; the essential oils are sure to make sore muscles feel good!
Another option for how to ease sore muscles is to use home remedies for sore muscles like this all natural cream. Not only will this cream sooth those aching muscles, it smells amazing (fresh and earthy) and will give you healthy, soft skin thanks to the coconut oil.
Now, back to showing you how to treat sore muscles!
In addition to being an all natural remedy for sore muscles, this homemade product is super effective. Its effectiveness is thanks to the essential oils. Here’s a closer look at how these essential oils make sore muscles feel good.
Eucalyptus essential oil – When looking into how to ease sore muscles, don’t forget Eucalyptus essential oil. It has anti-inflammatory and pain relieving qualities.
Peppermint essential oil – You’ll find peppermint essential oil in many remedies for sore muscles. According to Dr. Axe, “Peppermint essential oil is an excellent natural painkiller and muscle relaxant. It’s especially helpful in soothing sore muscles, an aching back and melting away a tension headache.”
Clove essential oil – Clove essential oil is a great natural cure for sore muscles. Like Eucalyptus essential oil, it has anti-inflammatory properties; however that isn’t all clove essential oil has to offer. “The Journal of Dentistry, for instance, published a study in 2006 proving that clove essential oil had the same numbing effect as benzocaine, a topical agent commonly used before needle insertion,” – Dr. Axe.
Rosemery essential oil – In addition to its uses in how to treat sore muscles, rosemary essential oil can help enhance mental concentration and alertness, which can be vital when you’re in pain.
If you want to learn how to treat sore muscles, there are a lot of homemade remedies for sore muscles out there. However, this one is my favorite because it is quick and easy to make, effective, and beneficial in other ways (ex. relieving dry skin).
How to Treat Sore Muscles: Homemade All Natural Sore Muscle Rub
¼ cup coconut oil
2 T. shea butter
2. T. jojoba oil
1 T. beeswax granules
15 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
15 drops of peppermint essential oil
15 drops of clove essential oil
15 drops of rosemary essential oil
4 oz. Mason jar
1. Place coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax granules in a 4 oz. Mason jar.
Note: If you plan to store your remedies for sore muscles in a different container, you can melt these ingredients directly in a pan.
2. Place the jar in a small pan and add water until the water covers half of the jar.
3. Place the pan over medium heat, and stir the Mason jar contents frequently until they are completely melted.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in jojoba oil and essential oils.
6. Allow mixture to cool completely.
7. Remove the Mason jar from the pan of water, place the lid on the Mason jar, wipe off any water, and store jar in a cool dark spot.
1. Scoop some of the natural cure for sore muscles out of the Mason jar with your fingers.
2. Rub cream over sore muscles (ex. shoulders, calves, knees) and allow it to soak in.
Have you tried this natural cure for sore muscles? What did you think? Share your feedback in the comments!
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.