Looking for a unique, easy, and overall fun dessert? Look no further. This Skittles fudge recipe will have you tasting the rainbow! (Whatever that means). 🙂
When I first thought of combining Skittles with fudge, I have to admit it sounded… interesting. Yeah, let’s go with interesting. However, the concept was super easy and cheap, since it only calls for 3 ingredients, so I gave it a try. I have to say that I’m sorry I ever had doubts about Skittles fudge because it’s pretty awesome.
Seriously, the only people who won’t enjoy Skittles fudge are people trying to diet (sorry!) and parents who don’t want their children consuming sugary snacks (double sorry!). While I wouldn’t just keep Skittles fudge lying around my house 24/7, I think it’s a great once-in-a-while treat. It’s perfect for parties, special occasions, carry-ins, etc.
Skittles fudge is really the “whole package”. It looks good (and very colorful), tastes sinfully good (it is fudge after all), and isn’t too time consuming or difficult to make. The most time consuming part of making Skittles fudge is letting it sit in the fridge for a few hours to harden. And waiting those few hours to perform my obligatory quality assurance taste test was mighty hard let me tell you! 😉
Tip: This colorful dessert would be a great addition to any rainbow themed party.
3 Cups white chocolate chips
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup Skittles (divided)
1. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Tip: Aluminum foil works best.
2. Combine white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a large pot.
3. Place pot on the stove and cook on medium to low heat until mixture reaches a temperature of 240°.
4. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 of Skittles
5. Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly with spatula.
Warning: Be careful; the mixture will be very hot.
6. Sprinkle the rest of the Skittles on top of the fudge.
7. Place pan in the fridge for several hours to set.
8. Remove Skittles fudge from the fridge, slice, and enjoy!
Not feeling adventurous enough to try Skittles fudge. That’s okay! Why don’t you try Mom’s Fantastic Holiday Fudge Recipe instead? It’s a little more “traditional” but still decadently delicious!
Want more amazing desserts like Skittles fudge? Be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Decadent Desserts Pinterest board.