From family vacations to backyard barbecues, there’s a lot to like about summer. However, one thing you won’t find on my list of favorite things, or anywhere near it, is sunburn. Just thinking about it makes my skin prickle a little bit! If sunburn is a common summer injury in your home, you’ll want to read on for a great homemade sunburn relief cream recipe.
As awesome as this homemade sunburn relief cream is (and more on that in a moment), it would be ideal to avoid sunburn altogether, am I right? Not only is it painful, but according to the Skin Cancer Foundation, sunburn can cause long-lasting damage to skin. So, while keeping homemade sunburn relief cream on hand isn’t a bad idea, don’t forget to lather up with sunscreen before diving into summer! Here’s a great chemical-free homemade sunscreen recipe that you’ll feel comfortable using on yourself and your family.
When sunburn does strike, you can be ready to provide relief with this homemade sunburn relief cream. I’ll definitely be keeping a Mason jar or two of this cream around during the summer months. I love that this homemade sunburn relief recipe is easy to make. While I plan on being prepared this summer, if I find myself caught unaware, whipping up a batch is no big deal. It can be done in just 10 minutes and can be used immediately.
Another thing I really like about this homemade sunburn relief cream is how natural it is. While some aloe vera gels contain weird, unpronounceable ingredients, you can find all-natural varieties and even organic varieties that limit the ingredients. Combine your all-natural aloe vera gel with organic coconut oil and high quality essential oils (see the bottom of this article) and poof, you’ve got a chemical-free, child safe homemade sunburn relief cream.
Bonus: Thanks to the essential oils, this homemade sunburn relief cream has a pleasing scent, so if you’re wearing this cream on the go, you won’t smell like you took a dip in a vat of chemicals. Hooray!
Here’s to not feeling the burn this summer season!
Psst! Want more helpful DIY projects like this homemade sunburn relief cream? Head on over to Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun Pinterest board.
*Makes 6 oz.
1. Add coconut oil and aloe vera gel to a large mixing bowl.
2. Using a hand mixer, whip coconut oil and aloe vera gel until you have a fluffy consistency (about 5 minutes).
3. Add in essential oils.
4. Mix for another couple minutes.
5. Fill Mason jars about 3/4 of the way full and seal with lid.
1. Scoop homemade sunburn relief cream out of Mason jar using a clean craft stick.
2. Apply homemade sunburn relief cream directly to sunburn.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.