Homemade Natural Deodorant: DIY All Natural Lavender Deodorant
How often has this happened to you? You’re reaching for something and come to the embarrassing realization that your deodorant simply wasn’t up to the rigors of the day? Yep, I’m talking about body odor. The next time that happens, instead of turning to a stronger store-bought deodorant, beat BO once and for all with a homemade natural deodorant.
Learning how to make homemade deodorant is pretty easy (as I’ll demonstrate a little later in this article). It requires just 4 steps (one of which is waiting). Plus, this particular homemade natural deodorant may not only help you cover up the stresses of the day but actually overcome them thanks to the lavender essential oil, which is known to promote relaxation.
In addition to smelling great, this homemade natural deodorant will save you money. In fact, according to an AOL Finance article, regular strength deodorant can cost anywhere from $4 to $8 and extra strength averages $7 to $8. Learning how to make homemade deodorant will definitely pay off!
While I always love to snag a deal and save a few pennies, one of the top benefits of this homemade natural deodorant is that it’s all natural. This DIY beauty product is perfect for anyone, but it’s a real boon to those with sensitive skin. You see, store-bought deodorants contain a myriad of ingredients and chemicals that may cause irritation. Two of the big culprits are artificial scents and aluminum, neither of which you will find in this homemade natural deodorant. On top of causing itchy and unsightly irritation, the aluminum in store-bought deodorants may clog up pores leading to breakouts.
Trust me, learning how to make homemade deodorant will have both your wallet and your skin thanking you!
We’re now at the part of the article where I would typically tell you what an amazing gift this homemade natural deodorant would make. Well, I probably wouldn’t give it as a stand alone gift as the receiver may think you’re trying to tell them something 🙂 . However, I would definitely consider pairing this homemade natural deodorant with other DIY bath and beauty products, like this lavender body scrub, to make a gift basket.
So, if you agree that buying deodorant is the pits (haha), let’s get to learning how to make homemade deodorant!
1. Combine coconut oil and Shea butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat until melted.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in essential oils, arrowroot powder, and baking soda until combined.
Tip: Use non GMO baking soda if possible.
3. Pour mixture into a 4 oz. Mason jar.
4. Allow to set.
Note: This will take approximately an hour. The finished product will be a little softer than store-bought deodorant.
1. Use your fingers to remove a small amount homemade natural deodorant from the Mason jar.
2. Dab under your arms.
3. To prevent staining, allow homemade natural deodorant to dry completely before putting on clothing.
Note: In some individuals, baking soda may cause irritation. If so, use cornstarch in place of baking soda in this “how to make homemade deodorant” recipe.
If you try this homemade natural deodorant I’d love to know your experience. Also, what other essential oils do you think would work well in this how to make homemade deodorant recipe? Please share your thoughts in the comments!
Homemade natural deodorant isn’t the only bath and beauty product you can tackle in your own kitchen. Find your next DIY project by:
- Checking out the easy homemade beauty products right here on FreebieFindingMom.com.
- Following Freebie Finding Mom’s Homemade Beauty Products Pinterest board.
- Following Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Pinterest board.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.