This year, deck your halls (and walls, tables, etc.) with these adorable (and free) printable Christmas tree templates! Keep reading for 4 options, including two 3D Christmas tree template printables. So put on your favorite Christmas songs and let’s trim the tree … even if it is a paper one! 🙂
- Indoor appropriate – If the weather outside is frightful, stay inside and tackle this totally indoor appropriate craft project!
- Non-messy – Decorating a printable template of a Christmas tree doesn’t have to destroy your whole house! As long as you stay away from glitter and paint, you should have a project that is easy to clean up.
- Useful – Whether you opt for the full page printable Christmas tree template or one of the 3D options, at the end of it all, you’ll have an adorable piece of artwork with which to decorate your home!
Christmas Tree Template Printable: Cut and Insert 3D Option
This Christmas tree template printable is the easiest of the 3D options, in my opinion, but that doesn’t mean you and your kiddo won’t have a whole lot of fun with it! To put this free printable Christmas tree template to use:
- Download the printable template of a Christmas tree, and print. I recommend that you use a heavier paper in order to give your 3D Christmas tree a little more structure.
- Have your kiddo “decorate” (color) the tree. Get creative; don’t just color the tree green; draw and color on ornaments or Christmas lights as well. Don’t forget to decorate the tree topper (either the star or the circle)!
- Trim the tree, literally. Carefully cut out the two trees and your desired tree topper
- Make incisions along the cut lines on each tree and the topper.
- Put the trees together.
- Add the topper.
Christmas Tree Template Printable: Fold and Fluff 3D Option
This 3D Christmas tree template printable may seem a bit more complicated, but it can create a “fuller” looking tree. To use this free printable Christmas tree template:
- Print the Christmas tree template. Again, I recommend that you use a heavier paper in order to give your 3D Christmas tree a little more structure. I also recommend that you print two copies of the printable template of a Christmas tree as more trees will give you a fuller end product.
- Decorate each tree as well as the tree topper you want to use.
- Carefully cut out all of the trees you want to use (I recommend four) as well as a tree topper.
- Fold each tree in half, vertically.
- Using a glue stick, put glue on the outside half of a tree.
- Carefully line up that sticky tree with another folded tree and press together.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all of your trees are glued together.
- At this point, all of your Christmas tree template printables should be stacked on top of each other. Open up the trees and glue the two outside ends together.
- Glue the topper on.
Full Page Printable Christmas Tree Template
If you’re looking for a simpler (but still impressive) project, I recommend opting for this full page printable Christmas tree template. (Especially if you believe bigger is better when it comes to Christmas trees!) 🙂
To use this full page printable Christmas tree template:
- Download and print the Christmas tree template. Since this Christmas tree isn’t one of the 3D options, you can use regular printer paper if you so desire, but do print it at full size!
- Set your kiddo loose on the Christmas tree! You’re sure to get a one-of-a-kind piece of art work.
- Carefully cut out the tree and the star topper.
- Glue the topper to the top of the tree.
- Hang up your Christmas tree. You could either tape it to a surface (such as a wall), affix it to the fridge with a magnet, or poke a small hole in the star and hang it up with string.
This full page printable Christmas tree template is essentially a great big coloring project. If you’re looking for other coloring sheets to keep you and the family entertained and full of holiday spirit, be sure to check out these:
- Christmas tree coloring pages
- Christmas lights coloring pages
- Reindeer coloring pages
- Santa coloring pages
Christmas Tree Template Printable with Topper
This printable template of a Christmas tree is another simple option, very similar to the one directly above. In fact, the steps are all the same—print, decorate, assemble, and enjoy! The biggest difference is that this Christmas tree template printable has more defined sections.
Which one of these templates will you choose to tackle this holiday season? Good news—since all four of these Christmas tree template printables are free you don’t have to choose. Nope, you can have them all! 🙂
From my family to yours—HAPPY HOLIDAYS!