This year, deck your halls (walls, tables, etc.) with these adorable (and free) Christmas tree template printable downloads. Put on your favorite Christmas songs and trim the tree … even if it is only a paper one! Keep reading for 10 options, including full page printable Christmas tree templates. 🙂
Keeping your kids entertained with one of these free printable Christmas tree template downloads has several advantages. For instance, these Christmas tree template free downloads are:
- Indoor appropriate – If the weather outside is frightful, stay inside and tackle this craft project!
- Non-messy – Decorating a Christmas tree template doesn’t have to destroy your house! As long as you stay away from glitter and paint, you should have a project that is easy to clean up.
- Useful – Whether you opt for a full page printable Christmas tree template or one of the 3D Christmas tree template downloads, at the end of the day, you’ll have an adorable piece of artwork with which to decorate your home!
Plus, again, they’re free printable Christmas tree template downloads, which is exactly the right price around the holidays. 😉
Small, Medium, and Full Page Printable Christmas Tree Template Downloads
These simple Christmas tree template downloads have a more child-like or cartoonish appearance. These are great for kid’s craft projects or if you (or your kid) are just starting to learn how to draw Christmas trees. You can graduate from this very triangle based set of Christmas tree template printable downloads to more natural looking trees, like the templates in the next section.
These can be used as coloring pages, especially the full page printable Christmas tree template, with the added benefit of “decorating” them free-hand. In other words, drawing on your own lights, ornaments, and trimmings. These Christmas tree template downloads can also be used to create banners and buntings, window décor, gift tags, and much more. Just get creative with it!
Bonus: Other than decorating the tree, do you know what else you should do this holiday season? How about build a snowman … or at least create one with 6 Free Snowman Printable Templates or Free Printable Snowman Crafts for Kids? Oh, and of course you’ll want to write a letter to Santa; these 12 Printable Santa Letter Templates (Free Downloads) can help!
More Natural Christmas Tree Template Printable Downloads
These free printable Christmas tree template downloads have a more natural, softer appearance. There’s still the small, medium, and full page printable Christmas tree template downloads to choose from, so you can use this version of the Christmas tree the same way you would the first set—as a coloring page, in craft projects, for holiday décor, for gift tags, and more.
Bonus: Has all this tree trimming got your stomach growling? We still have miles to go before we get to Grandmother’s house … or the end of this post. 🙂 Lucky for you, I’ve got some Christmas tree treats to keep us on theme and fill you up!
- Christmas Tree Bread Recipe
- Christmas Tree Cheese Platter
- Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Christmas Tree and Snowman Cheese Ball Recipes
Christmas Tree Template Printable: Cut and Insert 3D Option
In my opinion, this Christmas tree cut out template is the easiest of the 3D options. However, don’t confuse the idea of a “simple” Christmas tree template with plain or boring. Trust me, you and your kid will have a whole lot of fun with it!
Here’s how to put this Christmas tree cut out template together:
- Download the 3D paper Christmas tree template and print it. Note: I recommend that you use a heavier paper in order to give your Christmas tree cut out template a little more structure.
- Have your kid “decorate” (color) the tree. Get creative; don’t just color the tree green; draw and color on ornaments or Christmas lights as well. Don’t forget to decorate the tree topper (either the star or the circle)!
- Trim the tree, literally. Carefully cut out the two trees and your desired tree topper
- Make incisions along the cut lines on each tree and the topper.
- Put the trees together.
- Add the topper.
3D Christmas Tree Template: Fold and Fluff Option
This 3D paper Christmas tree template printable may seem a bit more complicated, but don’t worry, you don’t need a PhD in crafting to pull it off. I like this Christmas tree cut out template option because it can create a “fuller” looking tree. Again, as with the previous 3D Christmas tree template free download, I recommend using a heavier paper to give this a studier structure.
To use this free printable Christmas tree template:
- Print the Christmas tree template. Note: I recommend that you print two copies as more trees will give you a fuller Christmas tree.
- Decorate each tree as well as the tree topper you want to use.
- Carefully cut out all of the trees you want to use as well as a tree topper. (I recommend four trees.)
- Fold each tree in half, vertically.
- Using a glue stick, put glue on the outside half of a tree.
- Carefully line up that sticky tree with another folded tree and press together.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all of your trees are glued together.
- At this point, all of your Christmas tree template free downloads should be stacked on top of each other. Open up the trees and glue the two outside ends together.
- Glue the topper on.
Full Page Printable Christmas Tree Template
If you’re looking for a simpler (but still impressive) project, I recommend opting for this full page printable Christmas tree template. (Especially if you believe bigger is better when it comes to Christmas trees!) 🙂
To use this simple Christmas tree template:
- Download and print the Christmas tree template. Since this Christmas tree isn’t one of the 3D paper Christmas tree template downloads, you can use regular printer paper if you so desire, but do print it at full size!
- Set your kid loose on the Christmas tree! You’re sure to get a one-of-a-kind piece of art work.
- Carefully cut out the tree and the star topper.
- Glue the topper to the top of the tree.
- Hang up your Christmas tree. You could either tape it to a surface (such as a wall), affix it to the fridge with a magnet, or poke a small hole in the star and hang it up with string.
This full page Christmas tree cut out template is essentially a big coloring project. If you’re looking for other coloring sheets to keep you and the family entertained and full of holiday spirit, be sure to check out these:
Christmas Tree Template Printable with Topper
This free printable Christmas tree template is another simple option, very similar to the one directly above. In fact, the steps are all the same—print, decorate, assemble, and enjoy! The biggest difference is that this Christmas tree template printable has more defined sections.
These 2D and 3D Christmas tree template downloads are perfect for the holiday season, but if you’re looking for other templates to use throughout the year, I’ve got you covered. Here are other templates you may enjoy:
From my family to yours—HAPPY HOLIDAYS!