If you’re looking for easy Easter cookies to bake for your family or Mason jar recipes for DIY gifts, these homemade cookies in a jar fit the bill!
Easy Easter Cookies: Homemade Easter M&M Cookies in a Jar
Tell me this, how did Christmas get such a monopoly on holiday cookies? Did the Keebler elves collude with Santa’s elves? Well, regardless of how it happened, there are great cookie options for other holidays, like these easy Easter cookies. So step aside Saint Nick! (Just kidding… please don’t put me on the naughty list! 😉 )
If you’ve ever wondered how to make Easter cookies or what Easter holiday cookies would even look like, you’re in luck. I’m about to introduce you to a super easy Easter cookies recipe that’s great for baking and gifting.
Yep, you read that right. Baking and gifting.
This easy Easter cookies recipe is for Mason jar cookies, which are my favorite type of cookies. Homemade cookies in a jar are (usually) super quick and easy to make for your own family and just as easy to turn into an adorable gift for your friends and family.
In fact, around any holiday, Mason jar cookies are a staple of my frugal gift-giving plan.
Quick side note: If you’re looking for an impressive array of homemade cookies in a jar and other fun and frugal Mason jar gifts be sure to check out:
- 18 Mason Jar Gift Recipes with Free Printable Gift Tags
- 25 Mason Jar Cookie Recipes
- 25 Mason Jar Recipes: Holiday Gifts in a Jar
Okay, back to these super cute easy Easter cookies. Where was I? Oh, right, these Easter holiday cookies are adorable, quick, easy, require very few ingredients, and are yummy. Bonus: If you have leftover M&Ms, you can use them in this tasty Easter bark.
Since they’re easy, quick, and inexpensive to make (especially if you can find a cake mix coupon), these easy Easter cookies would be perfect for any kind of Easter dinner, carry-in, or party. In fact, you could make a batch of these homemade cookies in a jar to serve up to your guests and make a bunch of Mason jars to use as party favors. Fun, right?
If you’re looking for more than festive Easter cookies for your Easter menu, be sure to try this:
- Springtime cake in a jar – I told you I loved Mason jar recipes!
- Bunny cupcake in a Mason jar – No, I do not own stock in any Mason jar company.
- Bunny veggie platter – A cute way to actually eat something healthy on Easter.
- Bunny fruit platter – A sweet and healthy treat your guests are sure to love.
Now, let’s get on with these easy Easter cookies… they’ll only take about 10 minutes of prep time so you can practically make them during a commercial break.
Chocolate cake mix
11.40 oz. Easter M&M’s
Easter ribbon of choice
Hot glue/hot glue gun
Wide mouth 20 oz. Mason jar
1. Cut a small corner off of the cake mix bag and pour the contents into a Mason jar.
Tip: Tap the jar on the counter a few times to get the mix to settle as compactly as possible.
2. Fill the remaining space with Easter M&M’s.
3. Place the lid on the jar.
4. Hot glue a piece of ribbon around the jar where the cake mix and M&M’s meet.
5. Hot glue the end of a piece of twine to the rim of the jar.
6. Wrap the twine around the rim of the jar about 8-10 times, cut the end, and secure with glue.
1. Mix dry ingredients with 2 eggs and 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
2. Fold in M&M’s, cover, and freeze for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Scoop dough out with a cookie dough scoop, place on a baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
5. Enjoy your easy Easter cookies!
Can’t get enough homemade cookies in a jar and holiday cookies in a jar? Then hop on over to Freebie Finding Mom’s Mason Jar Crafts, Gifts & Recipes, Cookie Recipes, and DIY Gifts Pinterest boards.
Jenny Newman says
I want to make these but your recipe says 20oz Mason jars. I can’t find that size. I find 8, 16, 24, 36.