Get photo worthy pearly whites with this homemade whitening cream toothpaste recipe. This natural whitening toothpaste is super easy with just 2 steps!
DIY Teeth Whitening Baking Soda Toothpaste Recipe
Have you see that Crest 3D Whitestrips commercial? You know, the one about the “tissue test?” If not, the premise is that you hold a tissue up to your teeth to determine just how yellow or discolored your teeth are. Even if you visit the dentist on a regular basis and practice good oral hygiene, the results can be cringe-worthy. Trust me. 🙁
So, what’s a gal to do? The answer is not run out and buy Crest 3D Whitestrips. Sorry, Crest! First off, those suckers are expensive. Second, I don’t know about you, but I’m not crazy about putting unpronounceable ingredients in my mouth… especially when I can use a natural whitening toothpaste made at home. The homemade whitening cream toothpaste I’m about to share with you is incredibly effective and easy, so there’s no need to go for a store-bought alternative.
One of my favorite things about this DIY teeth whitening baking soda homemade toothpaste recipe is that it is all natural. This is not the case with many store-bought toothpaste products. Unfortunately, it is also not the case with many homemade toothpaste recipes. For instance, many other toothpaste recipes, especially the so-called “top” whitening toothpastes contain hydrogen peroxide. I prefer to skip that particular ingredient as it really has no place on the soft tissues in your mouth (ex. your gums). In addition, it really only works for whitening when it is on your teeth for an extended period of time, which is why you have to leave whitestrips on for 15+ minutes. Since you don’t brush your teeth for 15 minutes, there’s no need for hydrogen peroxide to be in this homemade whitening cream toothpaste.
Making your own natural whitening toothpaste at home also allows you to avoid ingredients like titanium dioxide, glycerin, fluoride, and artificial colors and flavorings. No, seriously, many of those ingredients are in store-bought toothpastes. Just check the back of a box the next time you’re grocery shopping.
What’s great about this homemade teeth whitening paste is that it’ll leave your teeth clean and polished and your breath fresh. Yep, all that for very little work (2 easy steps) and without the addition of chemicals and unpleasant ingredients!
Now, I will warn you that this homemade whitening cream toothpaste doesn’t taste like the store-bought toothpaste you’re accustomed to. After all, it’s mostly coconut oil and baking soda! Don’t be surprised if your significant other is a bit resistant to it…at least at first. However, this natural whitening toothpaste is effective and far cheaper than store-bought varieties.
What makes this DIY teeth whitening baking soda homemade toothpaste recipe so effective? I’m glad you asked! Here’s a closer look at the ingredients:
Baking soda – In this homemade teeth whitening paste, baking soda acts as a natural, gentle abrasive and neutralizes acids in the mouth.
Bentonite clay – This ingredient also acts as a gentle abrasive and delivers minerals.
Coconut oil – Coconut oil is good for a lot of things. However, in this particularly homemade toothpaste recipe it reduces the bacteria in your mouth and adds moisture.
Peppermint essential oil – This essential oil makes the homemade whitening cream toothpaste a little more palatable and works alongside coconut oil to kill bacteria in your mouth.
If you’re looking for other homemade top whitening toothpaste recipes, be sure to check out this Homemade Tooth Whitener.
1. Add all ingredients to your Mason jar or storage container.
Note: The xylitol in this recipe is optional. If you can, I suggest skipping it since it’s a sweetener. Try adding some and lessening it each time you make this homemade whitening cream toothpaste until you can skip it completely.
2. Stir until well combined.
1. Apply a small amount of the natural whitening toothpaste to your toothbrush.
2. Brush teeth as normal.
3. Rinse your mouth to remove homemade teeth whitening paste.
4. Rinse your toothbrush.
Loving this DIY teeth whitening baking soda recipe and want more DIY bath and beauty recipes? Be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty, Homemade Beauty Products, and DIY Fun Pinterest boards.
You can also browse the Homemade Beauty Products category right here on the Freebie Finding Mom website.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.