Brace yourself… the holiday season is approaching at full steam! That’s right, your daily schedule is about to be flooded with holiday oriented tasks like shopping, wrapping, decorating, and of course, cooking. One way to make that last task a little easier is to take tried and true recipes or simple recipes and dress them up for the holidays. For example, you can turn dinner rolls into Christmas tree bread, a boring meat, cheese, and cracker tray into a festive turkey platter, or shape a cheese ball into a Christmas tree or snowman. Pretty crafty huh? Well here’s another recipe for you to try; let’s turn a cheese and veggie tray into a Christmas tree cheese platter.
This Christmas tree cheese platter is very quick and easy to make. Bonus: It won’t create a huge mess, so the cleanup time is negligible as well. In addition to being simple, this Christmas tree cheese platter is quite festive with the white cheese, green olives, and red peppers, so it’ll look great on the table! Last (but certainly not least), this Christmas tree cheese platter is delicious. All the ingredients (savory mozzarella cheese, crunchy pita chips, fresh rosemary, etc.) come together in an explosion of flavor. Trust me, this platter will be gone before you know it!
2 blocks of mozzarella cheese
1/4 lb peppadew peppers
1/4 lb garlic stuffed olives
You will also need:
1. Cut mozzarella cheese into small cubes.
2. Cut peppadew peppers in half.
3. Drain juices from garlic olives.
4. Place a long row of your cubed mozzarella cheese towards the bottom of the cutting board; this is the start of the Christmas tree cheese platter.
5. Build a slightly shorter row with your pita chips.
6. Place a slightly shorter row of peppadew pepper halves above the pita chips.
7. Repeats steps 4-6 until your Christmas tree cheese platter comes to a point with pita chips at the top.
8. Add olives on top of the peppadew peppers.
9. Sprinkle fresh rosemary on the pita chips.
10. Use olives to create the Christmas tree trunk at the bottom.
11. Set the Christmas tree cheese platter down and back away, so you don’t loose a finger as your horde of hungry guests descend on this tasty treat!
Want more Christmas recipes like this Christmas tree cheese platter? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Christmas Recipes Pinterest board.