One way to stay on budget during the holiday season (and keep stress to a minimum) is to start planning early. By figuring out what you need to purchase well in advance, you can be on the lookout for sales and coupons as well as buy items over time. With that in mind, I always start working on my holiday menu early. This allows me to save money, feel more organized, and discover and try new recipes. One recipe that will definitely be a part of my holiday meal this year is this Christmas tree bread recipe.
If bread is a staple at your holiday meals, I highly recommend giving this Christmas tree bread recipe a try. It’s a cute, easy, and tasty twist on regular old dinner rolls. The cheese, melted butter, and fresh herbs in this Christmas tree bread recipe form a mouth-watering combination that your guests won’t be able to resist!
This Christmas tree bread recipe also serves as a touch of decor for your gathering (since it looks like a Christmas tree). Although the Christmas tree bread recipe probably won’t hold its shape for long since your guests will be gobbling it up!
Want more holiday recipes like this Christmas tree bread recipe? Then follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Christmas Recipes Pinterest board.
Pizza dough (refrigerated or homemade)
3/4 block cream cheese
Provolone and mozzarella shredded cheese mix
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon Italian spices
3 Tablespoons salted butter
Fresh herbs (ex. basil, thyme, and rosemary)
Marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix cream cheese, shredded cheese mix, and Italian spices together.
3. Roll out dough and cut into 30-36 even pieces.
4. Place a 1/2 tablespoon of cheese mix into each dough piece.
5. Roll each dough piece into a ball.
6. Grease a baking sheet.
7. Place six to seven balls in a row towards the bottom of the baking sheet (this is the bottom of your tree).
8. Build your tree, using one less ball for each row (to create a triangle shape) ending with one ball at the top.
9. Place 4 balls under the bottom row for the tree trunk.
10. Melt butter and brush over tree.
11. Cook for 25-30 minutes.
12. Wash and cut your herbs and mince with garlic clove.
13. Add herbs and garlic to remaining butter and drizzle onto tree.
Serve this Christmas tree bread recipe with a side of marinara or garlic butter for dipping and enjoy!
Tip: If you want to use homemade pizza dough in this Christmas tree bread recipe, consider making the dough in advance and either freezing it or refrigerating it (depending on how far in advance you’re making it).