28. Chipotle Quesadillas with Pan-Roasted Veggies and Black Beans (Mashup Mom) – I’m a huge fan of vegetarian meal recipes, like this one, that are flexible. For example, you can sauté just about anything in your fridge to use in this quesadilla recipe including onions, peppers, mushrooms and use various kinds of cheese and toppings.
29. Stuffed Poblano Peppers (Dancing Through The Rain) – Turn to this easy recipe as a cheap vegetarian meal option or as a side dish for Taco Tuesday. Not a fan of poblano peppers? Try using the stuffing portion of the recipe and swapping in bell peppers.
30. Spicy Thai Noodles (Stylish Cravings) – Don’t be afraid to get creative with this recipe. While the chef only adds zucchini and mushrooms, don’t hesitate to try other veggies like onions or carrots. Pretty much whatever you need to use up in your fridge. Also, to make this recipe vegan-friendly, simply leave out the egg.
31. 5-Ingredient Baked Tofu (A Clean Bake) – Make cheap vegetarian meals a bit more filling by adding this 5 ingredient tofu. For example, this low calorie tofu would be a great addition to the spicy Thai noodles recipe shared above (#30).
32. Chili Garlic Noodles (Salt & Lavender) – Here’s a vegetarian meal recipe that’s fast, like roadrunner fast! You can be dishing this homemade meal up in just 15 minutes. Tip: This recipe is probably too spicy for little mouths. Either use less sriracha when you make it or make the kiddos something else for dinner.
Bonus: Need food ideas that even your picky little eater will eat? Check out these 47 toddler approved recipes!
33. Mexican Cauliflower Rice Casserole (To Simply Inspire) – Craving Mexican? No need to go out. Try this easy, one pot casserole instead. Tip: If you have a food processor, you can make this cheap vegetarian meal even cheaper by ricing your own cauliflower.
34. Tomato Feta Grilled Zucchini and Squash (Taste and See) – Looking for low carb vegetarian meals that are bursting with flavor? Look no further! These zucchini and squash boats are especially awesome when you can get fresh (like from your farmer’s market or garden) produce. Plus, they practically scream summer since you whip them up on the grill.
35. High Protein Vegan Breakfast Burritos (Beyond Mere Sustenance) – Start your day off on the right foot with these protein packed and supper yummy breakfast burritos. Not a fan of tofu? No problem, simply use eggs instead to keep the protein level high.
36. Vegetarian Tostadas with Black Beans and Nopalitos (Beyond Mere Sustenance) – Depending on where you live, this vegetarian meal recipe might be a bit of challenge because you’ll need to find nopales. Nopales are the pads of a prickly pear cactus, and depending on where you live, you should be able to find them canned, dried, or fresh.
37. Vegetarian Sausage Skillet Pizza (Veggie Desserts) – No list of cheap vegetarian meals would be complete without pizza, am I right? Pizza is so versatile and can be really inexpensive, especially if you make your own crust. Don’t worry, it’s not as hard as you think. Check out this recipe for a yummy skillet pizza with homemade crust.
38. Fried Gnocchi with Garlic Mushrooms and Thyme (Veggie Desserts) – This recipe sounds super fancy and impressive, like something you’d pay a small fortune for at a restaurant. It’ll just be our little secret that it’s actually quick (just 15 minutes total) and easy! 😉
39. Black Bean Enchiladas (The Gracious Wife) – Looking for cheap vegetarian meals that can feed a crowd? Look no further! This simple and quick (just 10 minutes of prep time) recipe can be scaled up or down to feed as many people as needed.
Bonus: Keep your family full without blowing your budget with the help of these 56 Cheap and Easy Family Means.
40. Quinoa Crusted Eggplant Parmesan (Fresh Menu Planner) – If you need gluten-free vegetarian meal recipes, I highly recommend this eggplant Parmesan recipe. With all of its crispy cheesy goodness no one will think twice about it being gluten-free.
41. Vegetarian Burrito Bowl (Turning the Clock Back) – The assortment of colors make this burrito bowl a dinner option that looks almost as good as it tastes, almost.
42. Salsa and Ranch Pasta Salad (Evolving Table) – If you need a dish for a neighborhood block party, family reunion, or church picnic, consider this cheap vegetarian meal. It’s rich in Mexican flavors, gluten-free, and has just 291 calories per serving!
43. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad with Cucumber (Evolving Table) – Save time without sacrificing on protein with this super fresh chickpea salad. There’s a lot to like about this recipe, especially the Mediterranean dressing, which is made of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley – yum!
44. Vegetarian Taco Salad (You Brew My Tea) – This cheap vegetarian meal gives Taco Tuesday a healthy and tasty twist that your family is sure to love. Plus, it comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Need even more delicious and budget friendly food options to keep your family full? Get inspired by following Freebie Finding Mom’s
Must Try Food Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes on a Budget, and Low Calorie Recipes Pinterest boards.
Leave a Reply