Vegetarian Soup Recipes
12. Roasted Cauliflower, Potato, and Corn Chowder (Mashup Mom) – This veggie rich soup is hearty and warming… perfect for chilly fall or winter evenings! It will require you to break out your food processor (never my favorite thing!), but I think you’ll find it’s worth the effort to get this creamy flavor-filled soup.
13. Easy Vegetarian Black Bean Chili (Mashup Mom) – Chili is a staple at many homes during the tailgating season; unfortunately, your “traditional” chili can be both unhealthy and pricy. Enter vegetarian chili. Yep, you read that right. This cheap vegetarian meal is so tasty you’ll forget all about that ground beef!
14. Creamy Tomato Basil Soup (The Rising Spoon) – Many vegetarian meal recipes are surprisingly quick. Take this recipe, for example. You can be enjoying homemade, flavor-filled tomato soup with just 10 minutes of prep time.
15. Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup (Savory Tooth) – Believe it or not this cheesy delight qualifies as one of the low carb vegetarian meals! In fact, it’s Keto-friendly and a great alternative to hitting up Panera. 🙂
16. Easy Instant Pot Sweet Potato Soup (Salt & Lavender) – Have an instant pot? Great! You can be chowing down on this creamy soup in just 35 minutes. What I love about this recipe is it’s super simple but can be dressed up by adding a swirl of cream and a garnish such as a piece of toasted kale.
17. Vegetarian Crockpot Chili with Bulgur Wheat (Thrify Jinxy) – You gotta love cheap vegetarian meals that don’t sacrifice on taste! The bulgur wheat in this recipe is a great stand in for ground beef. Tip: If you aren’t a hardcore vegetarian but are trying to cut down on meat for financial reasons, consider using some ground beef and just stretching it by adding bulgur wheat.
Bonus: If you’re a meat lover who is only exploring meatless options to save money, be sure to peruse these 62 Cheap Family Meals as possible alternatives.
18. Vegan Chickpea Mushroom Tomato Stew with Polenta (The Baking Fairy) – A common misconception about many vegetarian meal recipes is that they aren’t filling. That couldn’t be more wrong, as this super easy and quick recipe will prove. It’s a hearty, savory dish that’ll keep you full all night long!
19. Easy Vegetarian Crockpot Chili (Turning the Clock Back) – While may of the vegetarian chili recipes contain their fair share of ingredients, thanks to the use of the crockpot they really are appropriate vegetarian meals for beginners. A little slicing and dicing and then you just throw everything in the crockpot and let that handy tool do its thing! 😉
20. Easy Vegan Peanut Stew (Veggie Desserts) – Okay, I’m not going to lie, when I saw that one of the ingredients in this recipe was peanut butter I wrinkled my nose. What a strange ingredient to add to a vegetable stew, right? However, it’s actually pretty tasty… which is why you shouldn’t judge a book (recipe?) by its cover.
More Vegetarian Meals
21. Mexican Quinoa (Freebie Finding Mom) – Not only is this one of the yummiest cheap vegetarian meals you’ll find, it’s also a fantastic weeknight dinner option. It comes together pretty quickly anyway, but I make a HUGE batch and then freeze the leftovers in airtight containers to use as needed.
22. Vegan Buddha Bowl Recipe with Roasted Veggies and Brown Rice (Mama Likes to Cook) – Turn to vegetarian meal recipes like this one to take your tastebuds on an exotic trip. The tahini sauce that goes with this dish is something different (at least for me) and a great way to try something new during the week.
23. Quick & Easy Quinoa Tostadas (Strength & Sunshine) – Vegetarian meals for beginners don’t get much more beginner-friendly than this gluten-free and top 8 allergy-free recipe! All you have to do is cook quinoa and mix the other ingredients together. You can easily be serving this up in 20-25 minutes.
Bonus: This would be a pretty simple recipe for college students to execute (assuming they have a way to boil water to cook the quinoa). If you need other meals fit for a college student, check out these healthy and easy meals for college students.
24. Cajun Stuffed Bell Peppers (Strength & Sunshine) – Afraid low carb vegetarian meals will have your belly growling an hour later? I hear ya! However, with this stuffed bell pepper recipe you’ve got nothing to worry about. The filling is super hearty (and yummy)! 🙂
25. Curried Black Eyed Peas Salad Sandwiches (Strength & Sunshine) – Cheap vegetarian meals, like this one, are great options when you need to feed a crowd. This black eyed peas salad can be made in advance and stored in the fridge and is perfect for lunches, dinners, neighborhood block parties, and so much more! Oh, and it’s gluten-free, vegan, and top 8 allergy-free.
26. 10-Minute Gluten Free Vegetable Lo Mein (Strength & Sunshine) – Got a craving for Chinese? Thanks to this vegetarian meal for beginners, that’s not a problem at all. This super simple lo main recipe is ready for consumption in just 10 minutes, is budget friendly, and gluten-free. Chopsticks optional! 😉
27. Potato Pea Curry (Rhian’s Recipes) – On the scale of cheap vegetarian meals, this one is probably on the higher end thanks to a few of the ingredients (ex. coconut oil and coconut milk). However, it’s tasty and not too much of splurge so I highly recommend giving it a try. Tip: You can swap the potatoes for sweet potatoes if you prefer.