Moving to your first place is an exciting time. Sure, moving can be stressful but the prospect of having your own space to decorate and live in can easily outweigh any inconveniences. Unfortunately, all of that excitement will not make you forget the cost associated with moving. Moving supplies, a truck, helpers, and of course all the things you’ll need in your new home add up fast. In fact, if you’re on a budget, your new place may be looking a little sparse. Think milk crate chairs! Luckily, if you’re a savvy shopper, there are plenty of ways to score cheap apartment furniture and home furnishings without sacrificing style.
I’ve scoured the Internet to find chic and cheap apartment furniture and home furnishings. Here are some links to the best products out there. By the way, if you are moving be sure to reference these 25 Tips for Moving Successfully and With Sanity + Free Printable Moving Checklist.
To stay up to date on the hottest deals on apartment, home or dorm room decor, furnishings and more follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Deals Pinterest board.
25 Chic and Cheap Apartment Furniture and Home Furnishings
1. Mainstays Bed-in-a-Bag Bedding Set: With an array of colors, this bedding set can provide a vibrant pop of color in an otherwise neutral room which is perfect since most apartments are pretty bland in terms of wall colors and carpeting.
2. Latitude Sketchy Owl Reversible Bed in a Bag Bedding Set: If you are looking for cheap apartment furniture and furnishings that are still fun and fresh this bedding set may be just what you’re looking for. It’s a real hoot!
3. Home Essence Apartment Leo Bedding Duvet Cover Set: This bedding set is a little more refined but still chic and stylish – all for under $50!
Unfortunately, most apartments aren’t big on space. However, with some creative storage solutions you can tuck away your belongings and avoid that cramped cluttered feeling. Here are some cheap apartment furniture and furnishing ideas to solve your storage woes.
4. Ameriwood 5-Shelf Bookcase: Cheap apartment furniture has never looked so good! This five shelf bookcase comes in five different finishes so you’re sure to be able to find one that matches your other decor.
5. Sterilite 4-Drawer Cabinet: This four drawer cabinet is prefect for storing just about anything including office supplies, clothes, and bathroom products.
6. Mainstays Non-Woven Bins: Use these colorful bins as decoration and storage. They’re the perfect touch for exposed shelves and great for hiding items from site. No one will suspect these are “cheap apartment furniture”.
7. Sterilite 66 Quart Latch Box: For larger storage needs, this 66 quart box is perfect. Plus, since it’s clear you’ll easily be able to see what’s inside.
8. Closet Doubler: If your mourning the lack of walk-in closet in your new place, consider this closet doubler which is great for enhancing the space you have. Bonus, it’s only $10.99!
9. Better Homes and Gardens Collapsible Fabric Storage Cube: These storage cubes, available in 9 different colors/patterns, are great for storing magazines, office supplies, bath products, clothing, and well, just about anything.
Cheap apartment furniture doesn’t have to be ugly, unstable, or nonfunctional. Check out these cheap apartment furniture ideas…you may be surprised at how great they look and how cheap they are.
10. Mainstays Fabric Task Chair: At less than $20, this office chair is a real steal.
11. Mainstays Faux-Fur Saucer Chair: One or two of these saucer chairs, available in 8 different colors, will provide great seating options as well as a colorful touch to any room. See, cheap apartment furniture can be stylish!
12. Mainstays Twin over Twin Wood Bunk Bed: If you’ve got more children than bedrooms or just want to provide your little one with space for a friend to stay the night check out this affordable bunk bed.
13. South Shore Smart Basics 3-Drawer Chest: This sleek black dresser can be paired with just about any other finish to create just the look you want whether it’s “grown up” or “fun”.
14. Delta – 6 Drawer Dresser: Choose from six different finishes with this dresser. As with a lot of “cheap apartment furniture”, some assembly is required but nothing too strenuous.
15. Sauder Storybook 4-Drawer Chest: When space is limited, go vertical. This 4 drawer dresser is tall instead of wide which is great when you need to save space.
Just because you are on a budget doesn’t mean you need to totally sacrifice on those personal decor touches. Here are some cheap apartment furniture and decor ideas that will help you stay on budget while achieving the put together look you desire.
16. Your Zone 5-light Floor Lamp: This lamp serves two purposes: lighting your new place and spicing it up with a little color.
17. Eclipse Samara Blackout Energy-Efficient Curtain: Adding curtains to your new apartment can make it look more like “home” and less like a rental. Plus you can use curtains to add color to rooms that are otherwise neutral.
18. Your Zone Solid Shag Rug: Warm your apartment up with a rug or two. These rugs, available in 8 vibrant colors, are perfect for any room of your new apartment from the kitchen to the bathroom. Who says cheap apartment furniture has to be boring?
19. Himalayan Iconic Natural Salt Lamp: If you’re looking for a focal point for a room consider this unique lamp. Believe it or not, it definitely falls into the “cheap apartment furniture” category at only $20.
20. Better Homes and Gardens Baroque Oval Wall Mirror: If your apartment is small or dark, consider hanging a mirror here or there. It’ll reflect light and space making the place look a little bigger and brighter.
21. Your Zone Organizer Lamp: Add light to your rooms with these frugal and colorful lamps.
Apartment bathrooms aren’t always a dream. However, you can make your apartment bathroom feel like a spa retreat with the right decor and furniture. Here are some cheap apartment furniture and furnishing ideas specifically for the bathroom.
22. Mainstays Basic Bath Rug Collection: A colorful bath rug that matches your shower curtain or other bathroom furnishings can really give a bathroom a peaceful retreat like feeling…without the high price tag of a spa.
23. Mainstays Essential True Colors Bath Towel Collection: Add color to your bathroom with bath towels. Consider choosing two colors instead of one, then roll them (instead of folding them), and place them in alternating colors on your shelf. Bam – cheap apartment furniture that’s functional and decorative!
24. Mainstays Essentials 5pc Bath Set: Make sure your bathroom furniture matches by purchasing a set like this one.
25. Somerset Spring Ruffle Home Shower Curtain with Buttonholes: A bright, bold shower curtain like this one can really make the bathroom pop.
There you have it, 25 cheap apartment furniture and furnishing ideas. Don’t let a limited budget stop you from having the apartment of your dreams. Save money by checking out these cheap apartment furniture ideas as well as heading to your local consignment shop, Walmart, Ikea, and other “bargain” stores. The Internet can also be a great resource for cheap apartment furniture. Check out sites like Amazon, eBay, and Craigslist for steals and deals.
Do you have other awesome cheap apartment furniture and furnishing ideas? Share them in the comments.