Kids lunch boxes come in all shapes, styles, and materials. Here are 40 best sellers along with some cold lunch ideas to inspire you.
40 Best Lunch Boxes for Kids
There are a number of reasons you might be on the market for kids lunch boxes right now. Having an extremely picky eater on your hands and being concerned about the nutritional content of cafeteria food are just two of the reasons you may have recently Googled “best lunch boxes for kids.” However, another great reason to go with homemade kids lunch recipes is the potential savings.
Let’s do the math. Indulge me; I’m a numbers girl. The average school lunch costs $2.49 (School Nutrition Association). There are approximately 180 school days per year, so multiply $2.49 by 180… that works out to $448.80 per kid per school year. I’m betting you can whip up something nutritious and delicious that your kiddo will actually eat for less than that, especially if you use some of my grocery shopping secrets! 😉
Whatever your reason, if you’re on the hunt for fun and frugal kids lunch boxes, I’ve got you covered. Here are 40 of the best lunch boxes for kids, according to Amazon!
1. EZ Prepa – These lunch box containers are great for kids and adults. The 3 separate compartments keep food from getting all jumbled together. Plus they’re stackable, dishwasher safe, and microwavable!
2. Rubbermaid LunchBlox – Make lunch fun with these modular containers reminiscent of Legos. They’re rated 4.4 stars out of 5 and have 2,250+ reviews, so you know you’re getting a quality product that’ll stand up to clumsy little hands! 🙂
Bonus: Need kids lunch recipes to fill these containers up with? Here are 44 Healthy Lunch Ideas For Toddlers.
3. Rubbermaid Lunch Blox Salad Kit – Similar to the lunch box containers mentioned in #2, this Rubbermaid product is ideal for salads. Maybe your kiddo won’t be a big fan (you know, since veggies are evil!) but this would make a fantastic grown up lunch box option! The freezer pack snaps directly to the food container to keep your salad chilled all day long.
4. Unichart Stainless Steel Square Lunch Box – Kids lunch boxes don’t get much chicer than this! This posh container comes with 3 tiers, a bag with crossbody strap, chopstick set, spoon, and the ability to keep food warm for up to 3 hours. This is a great option if you need to bring food for multiple kiddos…or are planning a picnic.
5. JINX Minecraft Dirt Block Insulated Lunch Bag – Have a Minecraft fan on your hands? Then this wins the “best lunch boxes for kids” award! I like that it has velcro loops so you can attach it directly to your kiddo’s backpack. This will keep him or her from leaving it on the bus…hopefully. 😉
6. Greenco Mini Food Storage Containers – These are a great option when you’re planning to send an assortment of small dishes with your kiddo for lunch or need to send snacks. Each container is leak-resistant, BPA free, dishwasher safe, and comes with easy open lids for little fingers.
7. Bentgo Kids Tray – This tray is essentially a bento box for kids. Not familiar with the term “bento?” It’s Japanese, and is essentially a convenient lunch box. Typically, bento boxes present food in a pretty (almost decorative) way and offer a variety of food groups, textures, and tastes. For example, rice might be arranged in the shape of a flower. Bento boxes may be a great way to get otherwise picky eaters to actually consume something healthy.