25 Healthy Homemade Snack Ideas for Kids (and Adults)
From crunchy potato chips to vending machine melt-in-your-mouth candy bars, we love our snacks. Actually, there’s nothing wrong with snacking. According to Real Simple magazine, “most women need to eat at least every three to four hours to fend off hunger and keep their bodies functioning optimally. So if you’re eating three meals, that means two healthy snacks.” The emphasis there should be on healthy. That’s right, snacking isn’t the problem, it’s what you’re snacking on that’s the trouble. This goes for adults and kids alike.
Now is the time to make the change to healthy snacks for kids and yourself. Get empowered and start making healthy homemade snacks. Not sure where to start? Here are 25 healthy homemade snack ideas for kids and adults that are guaranteed to inspire you.
If you need more healthy food ideas to feed the kids, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Toddler Lunch Ideas Pinterest board.
1. Homemade Cheese Crackers: Believe it or not, you very well may have everything you need for this awesome snack idea for kids (okay, and adults) in your kitchen right now!
2. No Bake Granola Bars: If your little ones typically turn up their noses at granola, give this healthy snack for kids a try. It’s delicious! Try not to eat it all yourself!
3. Homemade Fruit Snacks: This healthy homemade snack isn’t as hard to make as you may think.
4. Baked Apple Chips: Say so-long to greasy potato chips because there’s a new chip in town! This healthy homemade snack is sure to be a fan favorite.
5. Homemade Graham Crackers: When it comes to snack ideas for kids, this one is a winner. Trust me, it’s worth the work.
6. Cranberry Pretzel Cheerio Bars: This healthy snack for kids might sound strange but don’t be afraid to give it a try. It’s like a tasty homemade energy bar.
7. Yogurt Chips: This healthy homemade snack is quick and easy. You and the little ones will have a blast trying out different yogurt flavors.
8. Homemade Goldfish Crackers: If your little ones can’t resist Goldfish, try making your own at home. They’ll be healthier, yummier (hopefully) and frugal.
9. Homemade Gummy Bears: At just 14 calories and 2g of sugar in 20 scrumptious bears, this is a stellar snack idea for kids.
10. Coconut Oil Popcorn: On movie night, skip the microwave buttered popcorn and opt for this healthy homemade snack alternative. Plus it gives you an excuse to buy coconut oil which has a myriad of health benefits.
11. Homemade Wheat Thins: This healthy snack for kids and the rest of the family only has 6 ingredients. All of which you’ll be able to pronounce and be familiar with. Compare that to the ingredients on the box of an actual package of Wheat Thins the next time you’re at the store-or any other packaged snack.
12. Homemade Fruit-by-the-Foot: It doesn’t get much easier than this. This homemade healthy snack only calls for 3 ingredients.