13. Homemade Strawberry Nutri-Grain Bars: This snack idea for kids is perfect for sack lunches. In fact, your little one will probably be the envy of the school.
14. Goldfish Encrusted Chicken Nuggets: Consider substituting store-bought Goldfish for homemade Goldfish crackers (recipe above).
15. Coconut Oil Granola: This tasty (and healthy) treat gives you another excuse to break out the coconut oil.
16. Homemade Beef Jerky: Store-bought jerky isn’t too terrible for you but it can be really high in sodium. Try this healthy homemade snack alternative.
17. Homemade Banana Chips: Wish your children would eat more fruit? Consider this healthy homemade snack idea for kids. Trust me, this is one form of fruit they’ll be willing to put in their picky little mouths.
18. Fruit and Yogurt Popsicles: This homemade healthy snack is the perfect way to cool off on a hot day.
19. Whole Wheat Crackers with Rosemary: Homemade crackers are easier to make than you probably think. They make for a great healthy snack for kids or can be paired with dips at your next outdoor party.
20. Homemade Yogurt: This snack idea for kids is fun to eat and make. The little ones will enjoy flavoring theirs with different fruits. Offer them a “buffet” of fruits like strawberries, blueberries, peaches, etc.
21. Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce: What could be tastier than made-from-scratch applesauce?
22. Roasted Garbanzos: You may be skeptical that your little ones will enjoy this healthy homemade snack but don’t be! It’s delicious.
23. Homemade Sweet Potato Chips: Just because you’re trying to snack wiser doesn’t mean you have to give up all potato chips-just substitute the Idaho potato for a sweet potato.
24. Easy Homemade Whole Wheat Chia Pretzels: If your kids are craving something crunch and salty, satisfy their craving and your health consciousness with this great snack idea for kids.
25. Frozen Yogurt Raspberries: Healthy snacks for kids don’t have to be complicated. This one is as easy to make as it is sweet.
Snack ideas for kids can be tasty, easy and healthy. Yes, it’s true! This season, take control of your snacking (and that of your family) and steer it in a healthier direction. Let these healthy homemade snacks inspire you.
Have more ideas for healthy homemade snacks for kids? Or healthy homemade snacks in general? Share them in the comments.
Everything looks amazing and sooooo yummy 🙂
Thank you for these lovely ideas
You are very welcome, Sandra!
Terri S says
Thank you for sharing this collection of snacks. They look so good.
Mothering From Scratch says
These look amazing! Thanks for these.