Heads up, Grandparents Day is just around the corner! (It’s the first Sunday after Labor Day… but I’m sure you already knew that. 😉 ) This year, commemorate the occasion with Grandparents Day crafts. They’re fun, frugal, and far more personal than anything you’ll find at the store, so here are 20 Grandparents Day arts and crafts project that are sure to impress!
Grandparents really are awesome, aren’t they? I guess that’s where the grand comes from. 🙂 This year, help your kiddos celebrate Grandparents Day with these Grandparents Day crafts for toddlers and kids!
My mom and I scoured the Internet to serve up a heaping helping of Grandparents Day crafts printables, and projects. Among these Grandparents Day craft ideas, you’ll find something for everyone, whether you’re a DIY diva or crafts challenged! Seriously, whatever your skill level, budget, and availability, I know there’s a “Nana approved” Grandparents Day craft for you in this article.
So, what are we waiting for? The clock is ticking… let’s dive right into these 20 impressive, unique Grandparents Day arts and crafts projects!
Grandparents Day Crafts For the Kitchen
1. Personalized Tea Towels – Some of the best Grandparents Day arts and crafts, like this one, include every day objects. This project turns a boring dish towel into a work of art… specifically your kiddo’s work of art!
2. Personalized Grandparent Mugs – I love Grandparents Day craft ideas that can be scaled up or down based on your budget, how crafty you’re feeling, and what else you have going on. This is one of those gifts. Scale these personalized mugs up by adding homemade chocolate spoons and/or this hot cocoa Mason jar. You could also add coffee or tea bags.
Grandparents Day Crafts with Photos
3. Painted Popsicle Sticks Bouquet – Here’s a great Grandparents Day crafts for toddlers! Younger kiddos can help color the popsicle sticks that’ll be used to make this beautiful, undying bouquet.
4. Homemade Photo Coasters – This is one of the Grandparents Day craft ideas that can work for just about any holiday or even as an every day craft project. Seriously, I love the idea of taking photos that rarely get to see the light of day and turning them into coasters to place around the house.
Tip: Looking for more holiday specific crafts for toddlers? No worries. Be sure to check out:
- Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Preschool Thanksgiving Crafts
- Preschool Halloween Crafts
- Easy Easter Crafts for Kids
- Father’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
5. Grandkids Make Life Good Wood Sign – What grandparent doesn’t love to show off his or her grandkids? Well, make it easy for them with this DIY sign complete with adorable photos of all of the grandkids! Let the kiddos help pick out which photos to contribute.
6. Bottle Cap Photograph Magnets – This great Grandparents Day arts and crafts project is not only fun and frugal but also green. Yep, this project allows you take discarded bottle caps and turn them into adorable photo magnets.
Grandparents Day Crafts with Handprints and Footprints
7. Personalized Pillow for Grandpa – Sadly, this probably is not the best grandparents day crafts for toddlers. While you’re kiddo can definitely contribute his handprint for this personalized pillow, a lot of the heavy lifting will have to be done by Mom and Dad.
8. Handprint Tree – This is probably one of the most impressive Grandparents Day craft ideas in the list. It takes a lot of talent to make a DIY project not look like a DIY project. Even more amazing, the cherry blossoms in this project are made from old clothes!
9. Mail a Hug – Can’t see Grandma and Grandpa in person this year? Give them the next best thing—mail them a hug! This gift is perfect for Grandparents Day but it also works well for any holiday or really, any day. 🙂
10. Personalized Flowerpot for Grandma – Grandparents Day crafts for toddlers don’t have to be complicated to be impressive. Have your little one help personalize a flower pot and then finish things off by planting a pretty flower or low maintenance succulent.
11. Hand and Footprint Flower – Flowers fade, they wilt and die, but one made using little hands and feet will last forever! This Grandparents Day arts and crafts project may be a smidge messy, but it’s pretty quick if time is of the essence.
12. Count the Ways I Love You – Turn this Grandparents Day craft idea into a tradition. Each year, dip your kiddo’s hands in paint and attach this saying to make a touching gift. Over time Grandma and Grandpa will get to watch those little hands grow. 🙂
13. Adorable Flower Pots – Holy cuteness! I love these flower arrangements! I guarantee you will not find anything this adorable in the store.
14. Grandpa and Grandma’s Angel – Grandparents Day crafts printables are perfect for those of us that are a bit craft challenged. If you just aren’t feeling your inner Martha Stewart today, this is an easy and adorable Grandparents Day crafts option!
15. Super Sweet Poem – If you’re looking for Grandparents Day crafts for toddlers that are sure to bring a tear to Grandma’s (and even Grandpa’s) eye, look no further. This sweet poem complete with hand and foot prints is sure to do the trick.
16. Salt Dough Hand Prints – I love Grandparents Day crafts that make affordable yet touching gifts and help me entertain my kiddo. Trust me, your kids will have a blast making these cute keepsakes.
Grandparents Day Crafts Printables and More
Rounding out this list of Grandparents Day crafts ideas are projects that are perfect for the non-crafty mom (or dad)! 🙂
18. Love Photo – If you don’t have a crafty bone in your body, no worries. Thanks to Grandparents Day crafts printables and other super simple projects, like this one, you can still create a heartfelt and homemade Grandparents Day gift!
19. I Love My Grandparents Muffins – Are you more comfortable in the kitchen than the craft room? (Do you have absolutely no desire to even have a craft room?) If so, maybe you need an edible Grandparents Day “craft,” like these delicious muffins!
Tip Finish this tasty gift off with a Grandparents Day crafts printables card!
20. Printable Grandparents Day Love List – Here’s an easy and thoughtful Grandparents Day crafts for toddlers and kids idea. Have the kids make a Grandparents Love List detailing their favorite things about their grandparents. Download these Free Printable Grandparents Day Love Lists here.
Among these 20 Grandparents Day crafts, you’ll find something for just about any situation. Whether Grandma and Grandpa live next door or 2,000 miles away, this list has got you covered! Whether you’re a DIY legend or the type the can’t imagine why anyone would ever own a glue gun, again, these Grandparents Day craft ideas can work for you!
What are you doing for Grandparents Day? Share your inspiration in the comments! 🙂