I enjoy surprising people with thoughtful little gifts regardless of the occasion. It’s just awesome to see someone’s face light up and to know that you’ve made them feel special. However, there are two problems with this gift giving. One, it can be pricey. Two, it can be difficult to know what to give. What exactly will brighten that person’s day? The solution: Homemade gifts. Unfortunately, homemade gifts pose their own problem… at least for me. I’m just not crafty. Never have been. This means I have to be on the lookout for easy DIY projects such as these homemade photo gifts or Mason jar gifts.
I love these homemade photo gifts for several reasons.
One, they’re super easy. Seriously, no hot glue gun required! If you can operate a printer and a roll of tape you’re good to go. 🙂 You could put together a homemade photo gift jar in probably 30 minutes or less.
Two, these homemade photo gifts are really inexpensive. You can make them even more affordable by picking up glass jars or vases at your local thrift shop or yard sale. Don’t worry about mis-matched sizes and shapes; the eclectic nature of the containers can make these homemade photo gifts even better by adding character.
Three, these homemade photo gifts are great for pretty much anyone. For mom, dad, grandma, or grandpa you can use pictures of the little ones or of the family spending time together. For friends, use photos of your group having a great time. These homemade photo gifts can even be given to kids. In fact, they’d make a super cute nightlight for the little one. Instead of family photos, you could print out photos of their favorite characters, adorable animals, etc. Note: If you’re giving these homemade photo gifts to a child, do not use real candles. Grab some battery operated tea lights instead. Safety first!
You could also use these homemade photo gifts as decor in your own home or centerpieces at a party or event.
See what I mean, these homemade photo gifts are great! So… what are you waiting for? Let’s tackle this DIY project! 🙂
1. Load printer with vellum paper.
2. Measure glass jars/vases and size pictures on the computer accordingly.
3. Print 2-3 photos for each glass jar, as one will most likely not be big enough.
4. Place a piece of doubled sided tape from top to bottom on your glass container and attach the picture.
Note: Do this two times for each photo, one on each end.
5. Cut a piece of decorative washi tape and place it over the seams of the photos.
6. Place a tea light (real or fake) of your choice into each glass container, light, and enjoy these homemade photo gifts!
If these easy homemade photo gifts were a hit, don’t be afraid to try other DIY gifts. For inspiration, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Gifts Pinterest board or check out these holiday gifts in a jar and these Mason jar gift recipes.
- Vellum paper
- Clear glass jars/vases
- Tea lights or battery powered tea lights
- Double sided tape
- Washi tape of choice (optional)
- Load printer with vellum paper.
- Measure glass jars/vases and size pictures on the computer accordingly.
- Print 2-3 photos for each glass jar, as one will most likely not be big enough.
- Place a piece of doubled sided tape from top to bottom on your glass container and attach the picture. Note: Do this two times for each photo, one on each end.
- Cut a piece of decorative washi tape and place it over the seams of the photos.
- Place a tea light (real or fake) of your choice into each glass container, light, and enjoy these homemade photo gifts!