These printable St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt ideas offer a fun and frugal indoor appropriate activity to keep your kid entertained. Plus, you can create your own custom game with the blank St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt clues!
If you’re looking for a guilt-free way to keep your kid entertained, you can’t go wrong with this St. Patrick’s Day home scavenger hunt. Here’s what I love about it:
- The low price; these printable St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt riddles won’t break the bank.
- The ease of use; there’s no complicated set up and you don’t need a ton of materials to have a scavenger hunt.
- The indoor appropriateness; you can conduct this entire St. Patrick’s Day home scavenger hunt inside.
- The interactive nature; this is a great way to get your kid up and moving vs. staring at a screen!
- The educational potential; these St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt clues can help develop your kid’s critical thinking skills and even his or her reading comprehension.
On top of all of that, this game is versatile. It could easily be used as a St. Patrick’s Day classroom scavenger hunt if you’re a teacher looking for a fun classroom activity! In order to adapt this to be a St. Patrick’s Day classroom scavenger hunt, write your own clues on the blank printables.
Pre-Written St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Ready to get started? Here’s how to use these St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt riddles!
- Print out the St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt clues.
- Cut out the clues you want to use, as many or as few as you’d like.
- If you’re using the blank cards, write your clues.
- Start at the end of your St. Patrick’s day home scavenger hunt. Place a small prize for your kid at the end (more on potential prizes in a bit).
- Working your way from the end to the beginning, place clues, one leading to another.
- Give the first clue to your kid.
So let’s say your first St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt riddle is “What color are shamrocks? If you said, “green” you are right. Now head to where you lay your head at night.” This would lead your kid to his or her bedroom where another clue would be waiting under or on top of his or her pillow.
I like that these St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt ideas allow for some flexibility. Again, referencing the example above, the clue could be under the pillow or on top of it. This allows you to make the scavenger hunt more or less challenging depending on your kid’s age.
St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt ideas for prizes don’t have to be big or expensive. What’s waiting at the end of the game won’t matter that much to your kid. Trust me, he or she will just be excited to solve the St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt clues! Some ideas for prizes:
- A few chocolate gold coins.
- Another fun St. Patrick’s Day-themed activity. Get inspired with St. Patricks Day Printables and Free St. Patrick’s Day Printables.
Blank St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Clues
Another way you can make the St. Patrick’s Day home scavenger hunt harder or easier is with these blank clues. Get creative here!
Bonus: If you and your kid love these St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt ideas, you can keep the good times going with this Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt, which also contains pre-written and blank clues.
St. Patrick’s Day Bundle
The Printable St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Kids are part of the St. Patrick’s Day bundle. This bundle is filled with (figurative) gold, and you don’t even have to follow a rainbow to find it! Nope, just head on over to the shop. The St. Patrick’s Day bundle includes:
- 3 Free Printable Happy St. Patrick’s Day Quotes
- St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
- St. Patrick’s Day Decorations
Leave a Reply