Looking for natural ways to boost energy? You’ve come to the right place! Try this DIY energizing citrus spray on the days you need to get up and go!
Natural Ways to Boost Energy: DIY Energizing Citrus Spray
I could almost always do with an energy boost! After all, life can often get busy and hectic, and it’s easy to go to bed just a little bit too late. Before you know it, I’m feeling tired and cranky and irritable. I know I could do with a nap, but who has time for that? What I need is something energizing–something that will wake me up right now!
What I can do without, though, is the crash the comes post-cup of coffee or energy drink. I find that it’s just not worth it–after a short-lived jolt of energy, I end up feeling more tired than I was before! (Isn’t that ironic?)
That’s why I’ve been looking for more natural energy remedies. I thought, “There has to be something out there that will give me a little more pep in my step, without leaving me jittery, headache-y, or fatigued, and without getting me hooked on it (like caffeine does).” That’s where essential oils come in!
In case you didn’t know already, aromatherapy with essential oils can be a powerful tool for your well-being! Certain essential oils–like lavender–can be relaxing and soothing, and can encourage sleep, while others–like citrus essential oils–can be uplifting and energizing. When you use the right oils, and get the right blend, it can make a big impact on your mood, productivity, energy levels, and overall well-being!
This particular blend of essential oils is a fantastic way to boost energy, naturally. The essential oils inside have a number of benefits:
- Orange essential oil: Orange oil can uplift your mood and increase feelings of alertness and positivity, which can be key for getting energized and motivated. (Have you ever been really productive while bummed or irritated? Yeah, me neither.)
- Peppermint essential oil: Peppermint oil can increase circulation and reduce feelings of discomfort and fatigue. It can also help you feel more focused and ready to go! (Remember when we all used to suck on peppermint candy during standardized tests? Yep, there was a reason for that!)
Together, these essential oils act to make you feel more energized, more motivated, and more productive! Plus, you can use it whenever, wherever, and as many times as you want in a day! It won’t leave you jittery (unlike energy drinks), it won’t keep you from sleeping (unlike caffeine), and you won’t get a “crash” later in the day. That’s why I love this natural energy booster.
Ready to make the natural alternative for a healthy dose of energy? It’s easy–you’ll be done in five minutes!
Let’s get started.
Note: Not sure where to get all the supplies for this natural energy remedy? No worries! Click the links below to get the best products and essential oils I recommend.
2 oz. glass spray bottle
4 drops orange essential oil
2 drops peppermint essential oil
1. Remove spray nozzle and fill the bottle ¾ of the way with water.
2. Add enough witch hazel to almost fill the bottle. Leave enough room so that you can mix it well later.
3. Use care to add each of your essential oils to the bottle. You can use either a pipette or the dropper top on your bottle if you need to.
4. Replace spray nozzle and shake well to combine. (Note: you will want to give it a gentle shake each time before you use it to mix the ingredients nicely.)
1. Spritz on your face from about 8” inches away to refresh and wake up your senses and tired skin.
There you have it: one of my favorite natural ways to boost energy!
If you’re looking for other natural energy remedies, be sure to try my Homemade Wakeup Roller! This blend contains a different blend of energizing and motivating essential oils in rollerball form, so you can pop it on your wrists and temples when you need an energy boost in the morning. You can also check out Freebie Finding Mom on Pinterest: there are tons of essential oil recipes, tips, and natural, healthy alternatives to home products! Make sure to follow Essential Oil Recipes, Essential Oils for Beginners, and DIY Fun.
Do you have any other tips for natural ways to boost energy? Feel free to share them in the comments below!
Leave a Reply