Learn how to write cursive letters and impress everyone with your penmanship! Our printables are perfect for adults and kids who want to advance their skills.
As our little ones grow and develop, we find ourselves searching for ways to ignite their curiosity and empower them with skills that will last a lifetime. And we adults should do the same, no matter how many times we’ve been around the block!
In this crazy age of keyboards and emojis, why not sprinkle a little old-school charm into your family’s life with some cursive letters how to write printables?
Although computers and the wide acceptance of print handwriting have diminished the need to teach how to write letters in cursive in school, there are many benefits to the skill that go far beyond penmanship:
- Enhancing Fine Motor Skills: Learning cursive handwriting helps develop and improve fine motor skills, which are important for everything we do with our hands. These foundational skills lay the groundwork for activities like playing a musical instrument or participating in sports. Learning how to write in cursive letters can also be helpful for adults recovering from an injury that impacted their hand or arm movement.
- Boosting Cognitive Development: Cursive writing is a great brain exercise! Because it engages both sides of the brain, it helps form neural connections and improves cognitive development. By introducing cursive at an early age, we can help our kids develop sharper minds and become better learners overall. Additionally, writing in cursive is an excellent exercise for anyone recovering from a brain injury that damaged the cerebellum, which is responsible for mobility.
- Fostering Creativity and Personal Expression: Cursive handwriting encourages self-expression and adds an artsy vibe to your kid’s scribbles. Once they learn the basics of cursive, they can make their own fonts to match the mood of their words. It’s like giving them a magic wand to paint their thoughts on paper!
It’s time to get creative while learning a new skill!
How to Write Cursive Letters Printable Guides
Here is our collection of printables that show you how to write letters in cursive handwriting!
- Learn How to Write in Cursive for Beginners – Is this your first time learning how to write letters in cursive? Start here!
- Free Printable Royal Fancy Cursive Alphabet Letters – Learn how to write cursive capital letters like medieval lords and ladies used to!
- Printable Cursive Bubble Letters Alphabet – Cursive bubble letters are a little more advanced, but they’re so much fun to practice! You’ll feel a huge boost of confidence once you learn this handwriting.
- How to Write Cursive Numbers 1-20 Handwriting Practice Sheets for Adults and Kids – You can’t skip learning cursive numbers! How else will you celebrate someone’s birthday?
- Free Printable Lowercase Cursive Alphabet – These printables will teach you to write every alphabet letter in lowercase cursive font.
- Free Printable Cursive Practice Sheets PDF Downloads – Print out a bunch of these cursive writing practice sheets, so you can sharpen your skills as often as you need!
How to Write Letters in Cursive – Complete Words
After you learn how to write cursive letters, you’ll be able to string them together to form complete words. And, eventually, whole sentences! To start, here’s How to Write “Loved” in Cursive Font Free Printables and How to Write “Family” in Cursive Writing.
Learning how to write letters in cursive handwriting will be a fun and engaging activity for you and the kids! We can’t wait to see what you create!