How To Kill Ants Naturally: Homemade Ant Killer Recipe
Are you hosting some uninvited guests at your home? I’m talking about ants. No, no, don’t be embarrassed. Unfortunately, many households suffer from ant infestations. In fact, according to Pest World, a survey by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) revealed that ants are considered the #1 nuisance pest in America!
So you’ve got ants… now what? You could call an exterminator; unfortunately, exterminators are expensive and usually can’t get to your house right away. In addition, you may not be comfortable exposing yourself and your family to all those chemicals. Another option is to learn how to kill ants naturally. And that’s where I come in.
I’m going to show you how to kill ants naturally… and without spending a lot of money.
Knowing how to kill ants naturally will also shield you and your family from exposure to potentially harmful chemicals.
However, while knowing how to kill ants naturally is great, wouldn’t it be even better if you didn’t have to deal with ants in the first place? Here are some tips to keep your home ant free:
1. Remove moisture. Ants need water to survive, so fix any leaks in your home and try to keep things dry.
2. Remove food. Ants usually infest houses looking for a food source. Make sure you keep your counters wiped off and your floors swept. If you have pets ensure their feeding area is crumb free.
3. Remove debris. Keep tree limbs, wood piles, and other items away from your home. They provide protection for ants to live in.
If these tips don’t keep your home ant-less, be sure to try this recipe for how to kill ants naturally!
1. Place sugar in a small glass bowl.
2. Mix in Borax.
3. Mix in water one tablespoon at a time.
4. Dunk a few cotton balls into mixture and set on a small paper plate.
5. Place paper plate in the area where the ants are.
Note: This will not kill the ants on the spot. They are meant to eat the mixture and take it back to their nests.
Warning: Keep “how to kill ants naturally” mixture out of reach of children and pets.
Now that you know how to kill ants naturally, how about trying out some other DIY projects? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun Pinterest board and check out all the DIY articles on Freebie Finding Mom.