Is your skin feeling (and showing) the effects of winter? You know what I mean; that red, raw, dry, and coarse appearance that makes you thankful for sweater weather. Unfortunately, not only is this “winter skin” unsightly it can also be darn uncomfortable. From itchy to painful, winter skin can definitely make you wish you were hibernating… that is until now. Thanks to this homemade healing salve your skin will be as good as new!
This homemade healing salve recipe has got to be one of my favorite homemade beauty products, especially in the winter. It’s filled with good for your skin ingredients and natural moisturizers like coconut oil and Shea butter. If you’ve spent any time on Freebie Finding Mom, you know I’m a huge fan of coconut oil (and for good reason); if you’re unfamiliar with coconut oil, check out this article, The Many Beauty and Health Benefits of Coconut Oil.
This homemade healing salve is filled with good, natural ingredients, but its benefits don’t stop there. In addition, it can be made quickly; it’ll take you approximately 20 minutes to whip up this soothing homemade healing salve. Plus, with only 5 ingredients (6 if you add in the optional essential oil), you don’t have to invest a lot of money into trying this homemade healing salve out. Lastly, and probably most importantly to us DIY challenged individuals, it’s easy to make. You simply combine ingredients, melt, and store. No tricky moves here!
What are you waiting for? Whip up this homemade healing salve now, your skin will thank you!
Tip: If your face is feeling rough or dry from winter weather, consider one of these 5 homemade beauty face masks.
1. Combine beeswax, Shea butter, coconut oil, and sweet almond oil in a glass measuring jar.
2. Place that measuring jar in a small pot on the stove, fill the pot about 1/4 way with water.
3. Bring your water to a boil over medium heat.
4. Stir occasionally until contents in jar melt (about 15 minutes) then add your essential oil.
5. Carefully pour hot salve into small tin containers.
Warning: Use caution, the homemade healing salve mixture will be very hot!
6. Let your salve set overnight.
To use: Rub your homemade healing salve on skin as needed.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.