This 5 ingredient homemade hand sanitizers recipe is a great on-the-go option during cold and flu season!
Homemade Hand Sanitizers Recipe
As a busy mom, I’m sure there have been one or two (or 10,000) times that you’ve wished you had soap and hot water handy. If those aren’t available, the next best option is hand sanitizer, which is a lot more portable than soap and water. (In fact, I always carry homemade hand sanitizers in my bag.) While you can buy hand sanitizer at your local grocery store or pharmacy, I prefer to whip up this super easy homemade hand sanitizers recipe.
Store-bought hand sanitizers, compared to hand sanitizer homemade, often smell very chemically and artificial. In addition, most of the store-bought hand sanitizers have very high levels of alcohol (approximately 60%), which can cause a lot of dryness and even irritation.
Alternatively, this natural hand sanitizer homemade recipe has a pleasant smell and uses a carrier oil (such as coconut oil) to prevent excess dryness.
In addition to being natural, this homemade hand sanitizers recipe is so quick and easy to make. You simply add ingredients to a bottle and shake to combine. Seriously, you need less than five minutes!
Keep a bottle of these homemade hand sanitizers in your purse, home, office, diaper bag, and gym bag this cold and flu season to keep germs at bay! 🙂
Other wellness recipes and articles I keep bookmarked for cold and flu season include:
- 10 Must-Have Essential Oils for Your Medicine Cabinet
- Homemade vitamin gummies recipe
- Mason jar friendship soup
- Homemade cough suppressant lollipops
INGREDIENTS and MATERIALS
*If possible, opt for a tinted glass spray bottle for your homemade hand sanitizers. Glass because essential oils can eat through plastic overtime. Tinted because exposure to light will cause essential oils to break down faster.
1. Fill bottle ¾ of the way full with witch hazel.
2. Add carrier oil.
Note: If making a 2 oz bottle of homemade hand sanitizer, use 1 teaspoon of carrier oil. If making a 4 oz bottle, use 2 teaspoons.
3. Add essential oils.
4. Add water until spray bottle is filled to the “shoulder.”
5. Cap and shake vigorously to combine.
Here are a couple of tips to get the most out of your homemade hand sanitizers:
- Shake hand sanitizer homemade liquid before each use.
- Keep bottle of homemade herbal hand sanitizer out of extreme heat. For example, don’t leave it in your car during the summer.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.