With the help of this DIY spray deodorant recipe, you can spray yourself with deodorant that is free of harmful ingredients and chemicals!
DIY Spray Deodorant Recipe
Let me say right upfront that I am not advocating that you give up deodorant. Nope, I’m a big fan of deodorant both for myself and others. 😉 What I am not a fan of is irritated skin and potentially harmful ingredients, which is why I’ve turned to this homemade spray deodorant recipe.
Before I get to exactly why this is the best spray deodorant, let’t talk about normal women and men’s spray deodorants and roll-on deodorants. If they are an antiperspirant, they most likely contain aluminum. No, really. Aluminum can be a skin irritant by itself but it also clogs up pores which can lead to additional skin irritation and breakouts. That’s about the best you can hope for when it comes to aluminum. The ingredient may also cause other health conditions. For example, some have suggested it may lead to breast cancer or even Alzheimer’s. (This DIY mist spray deodorant is looking better already, am I right?)
Even if your store-bought deodorant does not contain aluminum it may contain other potentially harmful ingredients. Take fragrance for instance. According to MotherEarthLiving.com, “Among the most ubiquitous ingredients in body-care products, synthetic fragrance is a blanket term for a blend of chemicals. Phthalates, chemicals used in plastics and regularly labeled “fragrance,” have been found to accumulate in the body and have been linked to hormone disruption, possible birth defects, infertility and some cancers.” Yikes! Do you really want to spray yourself with deodorant that could cause cancer? I don’t!
This homemade spray deodorant recipe doesn’t have any of these irritating and potentially hazardous ingredients. However, it’s the best spray deodorant around because it contains ingredients that are actually good for your skin. Let’s take a closer look….
Magnesium oil – This ingredient in the mist spray deodorant detoxes your skin and pores.
Aloe vera gel – Is a soothing ingredient that can help prevent razor burn.
Witch hazel – In this spray deodorant recipe dries up moisture and is an antibacterial.
Tea tree essential oil – This is a super antimicrobial bacteria killer.
Lavender essential oil – I use this essential oil in many DIY bath and beauty products, including this best spray deodorant recipe, because it is an antifungal, antibacterial, and it smells great!
Tip: While I’m a big fan of the lavender essential oil in this DIY spray deodorant recipe, your man may not like the floral scent. If you need a mens’ spray deodorant, feel free to swap it out for an essential oil that is more manly.
Oh and if you don’t want to spray yourself with deodorant (if you prefer something a little more solid), check out this homemade deodorant recipe.
*A glass bottle is highly recommended for this spray deodorant recipe because essential oils can break down plastic over time. In addition, to get the best spray deodorant, if possible, opt for a tinted (ex. amber) glass bottle as exposure to strong sunlight can cause essential oils to break down, changing their chemical composition and evaporation rate.
1. Using a funnel, add magnesium oil, aloe vera gel, witch hazel, and water to bottle.
2. Add lavender and tea tree essential oils.
3. Cap the bottle and shake gently to combine ingredients.
4. To be safe, store the bottle out of direct sunlight.
1. Gently shake mist spray deodorant.
2. Spray yourself with deodorant (2-3 spritzes under each arm).
3. Allow spray deodorant recipe to dry before dressing.
Note: When you first begin using this spray deodorant recipe, it may seem like it’s not working. Continue to spray yourself with deodorant though because the magnesium oil is helping you detox and it will likely take a week or so for your body to adjust.
This spray deodorant recipe isn’t the only homemade bath and beauty product! For more, be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s:
- DIY Beauty Pinterest board
- DIY Fun Pinterest board
- Homemade Beauty Products Pinterest board
- Beauty Hacks Pinterest board
You can also find many DIY bath and beauty products right here on the Freebie Finding Mom blog!
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.