One of my favorite holiday traditions is baking. As a child, I remember my mom whipping up delicious concoctions, like her holiday fudge, while I hung around “helping” (a.k.a. begging to lick the spoons, beaters, etc.). Today, I’m the one trying to manage a rambunctious little one while making tasty treats, but I still love the tradition. The smells. The tastes. I love it all! 🙂 This year, I’ll be introducing a little something new into my baking itinerary: This Christmas tree cookies recipe.
In terms of holiday baking, Christmas cookies are a must! After all, what will Santa snack on while delivering all those gifts if not cookies? The big man has to keep his strength up, am I right? I have several easy Christmas cookies recipes that are my go-to cookies but each year I like to try at least one new cookie. This year, it’s this Christmas tree cookies recipe.
This Christmas tree cookies recipe is easy, pretty, and most importantly, delicious. In other words, it’s everything a Christmas cookie should be. I also like that you can make these Christmas tree cookies so that they’re practically bite-sized.
Another thing I really like about this Christmas tree cookies recipe is that there are steps the little man can help with. For instance, he can add the Hershey’s Kiss or add the sprinkles at the end. Any recipe that he can participate in wins big points in my book as I’m always looking for activities we can do together, especially around the holidays.
With all of its pros, I have a feeling that this Christmas tree cookies recipe will make the cut, so to speak, and become one of our standard holiday cookies.
Tip: While this Christmas tree cookies recipe makes a great dish to take to any holiday party, if you’re looking for a gift, I recommend this Christmas cookies in a jar gift.
So… on your mark, get set, bake!
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup melted salted butter
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Red sugar sprinkles
Green decorating cake icing
1. Heat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat melted butter with granulated sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
3. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
4. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Use a dough scoop to portion out dough.
6. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Press an unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss into the top of each cookie and let cookies cool.
9. Use green frosting to draw a swirl around each Hershey’s Kiss starting at the bottom and working your way to the top.
10. Top off with red sugar sprinkles and star sprinkles.
Tip: You can dress this Christmas tree cookies recipe up further by using different varieties of Hershey Kisses. For example, the seasonal candy cane mint Hershey Kisses would definitely be festive!