Confession: I’m a bit of Pinterest addict. I’m always finding delightful new recipes that I simply must try… until I see the long list of complicated ingredients said recipes require. I hate wasting money, and I just know that if I invest in those 10+ ingredients needed they’ll linger in my pantry for the next decade or spoil in the refrigerator before I can find another recipe that will allow me to use them up. For better or worse, at the end of the day, my savings addiction ALWAYS trumps my Pinterest addiction. Unfortunately, this has prevented me from exercising culinary creativity. That is until I discovered 3-ingredient recipes.
Yep, you can whip up delicious dishes for your family with just 3 measly ingredients. Thanks to awesome 3-ingredient recipes you no longer have to worry so much about the amount of money your investing to try one new recipe. In fact, if you tried just one of these 3-ingredient recipes a week you’d have very little “extra” money invested in your grocery shopping budget.
Ready to see what 3-ingredient recipes have to offer? Here are some of my favorites:
1. Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Freebie Finding Mom) – This 3-ingredient recipe yields a cauliflower based pizza crust that is healthy (low carb and calorie) and mouthwatering. It may take a little longer than ordering takeout or throwing a frozen pizza in the oven but give it a try anyway… your taste buds, waistline, and wallet will thank you!
2. Grilled Vegetables (Freebie Finding Mom) – The aspect of this recipe I’m referring to is the dressing that gets applied to the grilled vegetables. This dressing is awesome on grilled vegetables but could definitely be used on other dishes as well.
3. Goldfish Encrusted Chicken Nuggets (Freebie Finding Mom) – Okay, okay, this isn’t technically a 3-ingredient recipe (it has 4 ingredients) but it’s still super easy and something your little picky eater will (probably) deign to eat.
Note: While my recipe calls for milk and egg, I have seen recipes that replace the milk and egg with sour cream which would make this fall into the 3-ingredient recipes category. Just sayin’! 🙂
4. Cinnamon Roll Bunnies (Freebie Finding Mom) – We made these “Cinnabunnies” for Easter but they are adorable and simple year round.
5. Cheddar Cream of Mushroom Chicken (Simplistically Living) – This hearty 3-ingredient recipe is sure to satisfy the whole family. Bonus: You can make it without heating up your home by using a crockpot.
6. Crockpot Chicken Tacos (Two Healthy Kitchens) – Short on time? If you’re a mom the answer is most definitely “yes”! This 3-ingredient recipe is about to become your secret weapon. It only requires 5 minutes of prep time and the crockpot will handle the rest.
7. Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans (Ann’s Entitled Life) – Here’s a yummy yet healthy way to use up all those fresh green beans from your garden or the local farmers market. It’s also a sneaky way to introduce some vegetables into your little one’s diet. Shhh… he’ll never know.
8. Parsley Potatoes (Ann’s Entitled Life) – This 3-ingredient recipe combines potatoes, parsley, and butter to create an irresistible potato side dish. Trust me, there will not be any leftovers!
9. Copycat Old Spaghetti Factory Spaghetti with Browned Butter and Mizithra Cheese Recipe (The Thrifty Couple) – You’d pay $11.50 for this dish at the Old Spaghetti Factory (and that’s just for one person) but you can make it at home for as little as $4.75 and it’ll feed the whole family.
10. Tator Tot Casserole (Become a Coupon Queen) – If you’re in the mood for comfort food but don’t have a lot of time or energy to expend on a dish, you’ve got to try this 3-ingredient recipe. Bonus: This dish can easily be made in advance, frozen, and reheated when you need something to feed your family fast!
11. Sausage and Noodle (Become a Coupon Queen) – While this dish does fall into the 3-ingredient recipes category, you could up the nutrition factor by adding in some fresh vegetables.
12. BBQ Meatballs (Become a Coupon Queen) – Everything is better with BBQ, right? Meatballs are no exception. All you have to do to whip up this culinary concoction is put the 3 ingredients in a crockpot and go away for approximately 4 hours.
13. Slow Cooker Pork Au Jus – (Uncreative Mommy) – Is more always better? Not necessarily! This recipe only calls for 2 ingredients (if you don’t count water… which I don’t).
14. Creamy Ranch Crockpot Turkey (Three Different Directions) – Turkey isn’t just for Thanksgiving thanks to this delicious 3-ingredient recipe. Your family will rave about this tender turkey seasoned with ranch and cream of chicken soup!