For many families it is that time of year again, time to take the Christmas family photo. If you are looking for inspiration to create a sweet and touching, funny and silly, or just cute and original family photo, check out these 25 Christmas family photo ideas.
Get the kids excited about the holidays! Be sure to follow my Christmas Crafts for Kids Pinterest board so they’ll be having fun and feeling festive!
1. Baby Snowman: Is this not the cutest snowman (or should I say “snowbaby?”) you have ever seen?
2. Lights…Baby!: A strand of white lights create a perfectly cozy setting for this precious photo.
3. Silent Night: Talk about going to extreme measures to have a “Silent Night.” LOL!
4. Fun in the Snow: Allow the kids to let loose and have fun in the snow then capture the sweet family moment.
5. Sleepy Santa: Looks like this little guy will not be staying up to meet Santa. 🙂
6. Meeting Santa and Mrs. Claus: Meet the President of the “Not a Big Fan of Santa and Mrs. Claus” fan club!
7. Kids in Christmas Costumes: If you are feeling especially crafty, create one of these adorable Christmas costumes for your little Christmas tree, snowman, candy cane or Santa baby.
8. Little Baker: I have a feeling the kitchen will not look the same when this little one is finished.
9. Little Present: Can’t think of any better gift!
10. Just One More Cookie: Go ahead and have another cookie. It takes a lot of work to look this cute!
Christmas Family Photo Ideas for the Entire Family
11. Gotcha!: Look who’s in charge now, sorry, Mom and Dad.
12. Candy Heart: Perfectly framed with love (and candy).
13. Mistletoe Helpers: These cute little helpers offer up the much needed mistletoe to make this sweet Christmas family photo idea.
14. Santa Baby: This jolly little fella looks ready to tear into some presents and that candy cane (if only he had teeth)! 🙂
15. Dear Santa, We Can Explain: Here’s an original Christmas family photo idea, ideal for any mischievous family.
16. Family All Around: Do you have a big family? Assemble them in this unique configuration to create a fun Christmas family photo.
17. Just Add Nature: No fancy costumes, accessories or decorations needed, just add gorgeous outdoor scenery and a smiling family to capture this beautiful moment.
18. Bring Christmas Outside: Who said ornaments were only for trees inside the house? Decorate the outdoors to make a charming photo background.
19. Family In Disguise: Not interested in getting your picture taken? Toss in a dose of humor with these silly disguises to make getting your picture taken less painful. 🙂
20. Perfect Picture of Christmas: This picture says “Christmas” beautifully.
21. Picture Within a Picture: Easily create this original Christmas family photo by adding four willing subjects and some creativity.
22. Family of Presents: For the goofy family looking to showcase their goofiness, compose this “family of presents” photo.
23. All the Members of the Family: Because Christmas family photos should not be limited to only humans. 🙂
24. Just a Little Higher…: Poor mom! Leave it to mom to be the anchor of everything including the tree trimming in this Christmas family photo idea.
25. Simply Joy: Your Christmas family photo does not have to be fancy or over the top. A perfect and memorable family photo can be achieved by simply adding “JOY” and a sweet family.
Which of these Christmas family photo ideas inspires you? Please share in the comments.