When you get to the register at the grocery story, do you ever wonder “where the heck did all my money go?” While there are a lot of ways to blow through a bundle of cash at the grocery store one way that a lot of people overlook is on cleaners. What are you going to do though – stop cleaning? Stop doing laundry? Believe it or not, you can save money and avoid harsh, potentially harmful chemicals by using homemade cleaners. Trust me, you don’t have to be a chemist to whip up these homemade cleaners and they work just as well as what you’re paying a fortune for at the store.
Here are 25 homemade cleaners to get you started:
1. Homemade laundry detergent: There’s no need to buy expensive name brand laundry detergent. Combine three simple ingredients (a bar of soap, washing soda and borax) and you’ll have a homemade laundry detergent that rivals the competition.
2. Homemade fabric softener: Enjoy the benefits of a fabric softener without all the harsh chemicals by making your own homemade fabric softener. Consider customizing your homemade fabric softener by adding essential oils like lavender, lemon or peppermint.
3. Homemade carpet cleaner: Whether you have a house full of kids, pets or a messy spouse, carpet cleaner is a must. Head to your pantry for the ingredients needed to make this homemade cleaner.
4. Homemade jewelry cleaner: Bring your jewelry back to life with a homemade cleaner. Within about 10 minutes your jewelry will look like new! 5. Homemade window cleaner: There’s no need to buy expensive window cleaners, this three ingredient homemade cleaner recipe will have you seeing clearly in no time. The three ingredients needed to make this homemade window cleaner are water, white vinegar and dish detergent. That’s it!
6. Homemade floor cleaner: If you have multiple floor surfaces in your home, there’s no need to use different cleaners. This multi-purpose homemade floor cleaner will make all your floors shine.
7. Homemade glass cleaner: Streak free glass is easy with this homemade glass cleaner. Just re-purpose a household container like an orange juice bottle and combine ammonia, rubbing alcohol and blue Dawn dish detergent.
8. Homemade soap: If you are looking for a great DIY gift idea consider making homemade soap. With the addition of a cute ribbon and gift tag, you’ll have a useful and inexpensive gift that’s perfect for anyone.
9. Homemade silver cleaner: Has your silver seen better days? Before you rush out and replace it, give this homemade cleaner a try.
10. Homemade shower cleaner: To remove soap scum without all the scrubbing give this popular Pinterest recipe a try. Just add equal parts blue Dawn and vinegar to make your shower sparkle. 11. Homemade bathroom cleaner: You’ll be able to clean your bathroom from top to bottom with just three simple ingredients: vinegar, baking soda and dish soap. Eliminate the chemicals in your home and save money by making these homemade cleaners for your bathroom.
12. Homemade oven cleaner: Who knew a great oven cleaner required so few ingredients? Now if only I could find someone to clean it for me! 🙂
13. Homemade all purpose cleaner: Tired of lugging around a bucket full of different cleaners? Let one cleaner do all the work! Make this non-toxic all purpose cleaner to handle all of your daily needs.