There are a lot of excellent crockpot recipes out there. There are recipes for everything from hearty dinners like turkey chili to nutritious breakfasts like banana nut oatmeal; in fact, the crockpot seems to be a must-have weapon for on-the-go moms (and dads). However, does the crockpot have an achilles heel? What about desserts?
After all, while dessert may not be a necessity, a homemade sweet treat is pretty nice every now and again. Well, you can breathe a sigh of a relief, the crockpot has dessert under control. Don’t believe me? Check out this crockpot cheesecake recipe!
This crockpot cheesecake recipe for a delicious dessert complete with Oreo cookie crust is the perfect way to soothe a sweet tooth. Plus, even a novice chef can easily tackle this recipe with ease. With only a handful of ingredients (6) and 12 steps this crockpot cheesecake is pretty straightforward.
Give this crockpot cheesecake a try…you won’t regret it!
For more delicious crockpot recipes, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Crockpot Recipes Pinterest board.
3- 8oz. packages cream cheese softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
5 tbsp. butter (melted)
2 cups Oreo cookies crushed
Crisco, coconut oil, or nonstick spray
1. Prepare bowl/pie plate by greasing liberally with Crisco, coconut oil, or nonstick spray.
2. Place Oreos in a blender or food processor and run until they are finely crushed.
3. Combine melted butter and cookie crumbs together until well mixed.
4. Press cookie crumbs into the bottom of greased bowl.
6. Add eggs one at a time to mix well.
8. Place container in slow cooker, add water carefully up to ½” under the rim of bowl.
9. Replace lid.
10. Cook on low for 2 hours, or until top is firm, and toothpick or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
11. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
12. Place in refrigerator to set for an hour or more.