This turkey headband craft template is a fun, frugal, and festive way to entertain your kid this Thanksgiving! Download your turkey headband template now.
If you’re on the hunt for entertaining activities that your kid can complete with minimal mess and minimal supervision, you’re on the right track! This turkey headband template is an easy and inexpensive, fun and festive, and no fuss, no muss activity. Plus, watching your kid run around in this turkey headband printable is going to be pretty adorable, trust me. 😉
Turkey Headband Craft Template Materials
It won’t take much to pull this turkey headband printable together. All you’ll need is:
- The turkey headband template, which can be purchased here.
- Safety scissors.
- Crayons, washable markers, colored pencils, or some other utensil to color the turkey headband printable.
- A glue stick or tape.
Turkey Headband Craft Template Directions
You may need to go over the directions for this turkey headband craft template with your kid first. However, as long as he or she is old enough to use safety scissors without supervision, once you’ve walked through the steps it should be safe to turn them loose. God speed. 😉
1. Download the turkey headband craft printable.
2. Color each piece, you can also color the two long rectangles, which make up the band of the turkey headband craft template.
Note: Don’t worry about sticking to “traditional” turkey colors. Your turkey headband craft printable can be any color you want! Yes, even purple. 😉
3. Cut apart the individual pieces of the turkey headband template.
4. Affix the tail feathers to the turkey’s body using glue or tape.
5. Glue (or tape) one side of each rectangular strip to the back of the turkey.
6. Optional, but recommended: Hold the nearly complete turkey headband craft printable up to your head, with the turkey in the middle of your forehead. Wrap the loose ends of the headband around your head until they touch behind your head. How does it fit? Do you need to trim some of the length off? Do you need to add more to the band?
7. Once the fit is right, glue or tape the loose ends together.
8. Your turkey headband printable is ready to show off!
Turkey Headband Craft Kit and More
If you’re worried this turkey headband craft template won’t keep your kid entertained for long, no worries! I’ve got a second (and even a third) helping for you. Turn this into a turkey headband craft kit by adding more printables like: