This turkey handprint craft is fun and festive, and downright adorable. What’s not to love? Download the handprint turkey craft for toddlers template below and learn how to make a turkey handprint with feathers now.
I know Thanksgiving can be a busy time of the year. (I also know that the adjective “busy,” is probably a vast understatement.) But between all of your to-do list items, don’t lose sight of what the holiday is really all about—recognizing all the blessings in your life and showing thanks for them.
This Thanksgiving turkey handprint craft is a fun yet low-key way to spend some quality time with your kid, who I’m sure is one of the biggest blessings in your life. 🙂 Trust me, they grow up so fast you’ll be glad you took a time out from your free printable cleaning schedule and going through your holiday recipe cards.
And if you want to get extra cute, consider tackling this Thanksgiving turkey handprint craft annually and creating a whole rafter of turkeys from your kid’s growing hands.
Turkey Handprint Craft: Materials
These handprint turkeys preschool and older can be scaled up or down to fit however much time you have. For example, you can make the “feathers” (tracing of your kid’s hand) from colored construction paper for a super quick and simple craft or on the other end of the spectrum, you could use paint to make actual handprints you cut out.
Don’t worry, no matter which handprint turkey with feathers you and your child make, he or she will have a total blast simply because it’s time with Mom or Dad!
Here’s what you’ll need for the most basic handprint turkeys preschool craft:
- Handprint turkey craft for toddlers template, which you can get here.
- Crayons (or other coloring utensils).
- Safety scissors.
- Construction paper in various colors (such as red, orange, and yellow).
- Adhesive (a glue stick or tape).
How to Make a Handprint Turkey Craft for Toddlers: Directions
1. Download the handprint turkey craft for toddles template.
2. Color the Thanksgiving turkey handprint craft (the body and head).
3. Have your kid trace his or her hand on the various pieces of construction paper.
Tip: You’ll want at least two handprints, but I think the handprint turkeys preschool craft looks a little more filled out with three handprints.
4. Carefully cut out the handprints (which will be the turkey’s feathers) as well as the template that was colored in step 2.
5. Adhere the handprints (feathers) to the back of the turkey body template with glue or a gluestick.
6. Show off the adorable handprint turkey with feathers!
Thanksgiving Crafts Bundle and More
Now that you know how to make a handprint turkey craft for toddlers, maybe you’d like to try your hand at more Thanksgiving-themed arts and crafts projects? If so, you’ll definitely want to explore the Thanksgiving Crafts Bundle, which includes:
- 4 Free Turkey Printable Templates
- Printable Thanksgiving Crafts
You may also enjoy these Thanksgiving coloring pages, which are another fun way to spend time together as a family and can help decrease stress and anxiety.