Trying to avoid cigarettes? Try this essential oil roller to reduce smoking cravings!
Reduce Smoking Cravings Roller
There are so many reasons not to smoke:
- Lowered risk of lung cancer, throat cancer, and many other types of cancer
- Reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, and other heart health issues
- Fewer respiratory problems, like coughing, shortness of breath, and wheezing
- Lowered risk of lung diseases like COPD
- Reduced risk of infertility
- Improved blood pressure
- Better immune system
- Improved appearance of skin, hair, and nails
- Home, car, clothes, and other possessions won’t smell of smoke
- Family and kids will not be exposed to second-hand smoke
- More money to spend on hobbies, entertainment, and travel
Obviously, all of the reasons above are good things! (It’s also likely you know about them already, and that at least a few of them are reasons why you no longer want to smoke.)
Still, not smoking once you’ve formed the habit can be extremely hard. That’s because the nicotine in cigarettes is highly addictive. When you have a habit of smoking, going without can cause intense cravings and mood swings. Though your body soon begins to heal after your last cigarette, you can–oddly–feel worse. The challenges of this “withdrawal” period can push ex-smokers back to smoking.
If you are trying not to smoke, it’s important to speak with your doctor: he or she will be there to support you in your journey and recommend resources!
In addition to speaking to your doctor, it may help to find a healthy alternative to smoking–like this essential oil roller.
This roller blend can help you reduce smoking cravings–which can make it easier for you to avoid that cigarette. How?
- Black pepper essential oil, when inhaled, acts as a stimulant for your respiratory system similar to the way it reacts cigarette smoke. This really helps curb cravings. (One study of cigarette smokers found that their cravings for smoking were significantly reduced after inhaling black pepper oil.)
- Bergamot essential oil can help soothe the anxiety that kicking the habit brings.
- Orange essential oil is a proven mood-booster, which can help combat the irritability that comes with wanting a cigarette.
On top of that, this essential oil rollerball is all-natural, easy to make, and inexpensive.
Let’s get started making your reduce smoking cravings roller!
1. Remove the cap and roller ball from your roller bottle.
2. Carefully fill your bottle halfway with the almond oil. (I like to use almond oil as a carrier oil because it has a lovely light smell that pairs well with the essential oils used in this recipe. But you could also use olive oil, fractionated coconut oil, jojoba, or grapeseed oil.)
3. Add each of your essential oils to the bottle. You can use a dropper bottle or pipette if you need to.
4. Finish filling the bottle with almond oil, leaving enough space so that you can shake it and combine all the ingredients well.
5. Replace roller ball and lid. Shake well before each use.
1. Roll on temples and side/back of the neck.
Besides just using the roller bottle, you can apply this blend of essential oils a few different ways:
- At home, you can add a few drops of each essential oil to your diffuser to continue the benefits.
- You can apply a few drops of these oils to a small strip of leather to inhale as needed. (Many have found that this mimics the act of bringing a cigarette to their lips and can help them to get through the process.)
I hope this roller and essential oil blend help you to reduce your smoking cravings! Please let me know in the comments below.
If you’re looking for more recipes and tips for all-natural, healthy living, be sure to check out Freebie Finding Mom’s Pinterest boards: Essential Oil Recipes, Essential Oils for Beginners, and DIY Fun are full of ideas for your life.