Take a deep breath…fall is in the air. The community pools are closing up for the season. The kids are back in school. The pumpkin spice latte is back at Starbucks. Before you know it the trees will be shedding their leaves and sugary-scary Halloween will be here. If you’re looking for a treat to celebrate the start of fall, I have just the thing. It’s simple to make and super sweet…what could be better? This recipe is for candy corn Rice Krispies treats which is a slight remix of the traditional Rice Krispies treats but just as good!
For more sweet treats follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Desserts Pinterest board.
Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats
1 8ct. Box of Kelloggs Rice Krispies Treats
6 oz. Wilton white chocolate candy melts
6 oz. Wilton orange candy melts
6 oz. Wilton yellow candy melts
8 Wilton candy sticks (use the thicker ones as the thinner won’t hold the weight of the Rice Krispies Treat & chocolate)
Makes 8 servings. 1 Rice Krispies Treat = 1 serving.
1. Cut each Rice Krispies treat into triangles and discard (or eat 😉 ) the extras.
2. Insert a candy stick into the base of each Rice Krispies Treat pushing about ½ way through.
3. Place them on a plate and set in the fridge to harden a bit. This will help with the weight of the chocolate.
4. Heat the Wilton white chocolate in a shallow microwave safe dish in 30 second increments. Stir every 30 second until melted. My microwave takes about 2 ½ – 3 minutes for 12 oz.
5. Allow the chocolate to cool 3-4 minutes before dipping your Rice Krispies treats.
6. Dip each Rice Krispies treat into the white chocolate. Use a spoon to cover completely. Once coated, lay the Rice Treat back onto the plate. Repeat with all the treats and place the plate back in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to set.
7. Repeat step #2 using the orange candy melts.
8. Using a spoon or a butter knife cover about ¾ of the Rice Krispies treat with orange chocolate. Repeat this process with all the treats and place back in the fridge another 15-20 minutes to set.
9. Repeat step #2 with the yellow candy melts.
10. Using a spoon or a butter knife gently coat the bottom ¼ of the Rice Krispies treat with yellow chocolate. Place back on the plate and repeat with all the other treats.
11. Once all the treats are dipped in chocolate place in the fridge for a final 15-20 minutes to set. If not serving immediately, store in a cool and dry area.
These chocolaty Rice Krispies treats are perfect for office or school carry-ins, fall parties, football tailgating, or just as a special treat at home. They really say “Hello fall!”
Do you have awesome fall treats that are easy to make? If so, share them in the comments.