29. Low Carb Healthy Chopped Salad with Tuna (Everyday Savvy) – This recipe is a real rock star. It’s yummy, quick (5 minutes), easy, healthy (low carb), and a cheap meal to cook. Seriously, it has it all. Whip up this recipe when you need lunch in a hurry but don’t want to hit up a drive thru.
30. Easy Stuffed Bell Pepper (Mom Fabulous) – If you thought stuffed peppers were difficult to prepare, think again. This is not only a cheap meal for large families but an easy weeknight dinner you can make in a hurry. Tip: This meal can be prepared even quicker if you keep pre-cooked ground beef on hand.
31. Smoked Sausage, Pepper and Potato Hash (Mom Fabulous) – I don’t know about you, but in my family we don’t eat sausage that often. I don’t know why; I just rarely think to fix it. It’s like the forgotten meat. This cheap meal to cook takes just 30 minutes, so it’s the perfect excuse to use up some sausage. Oh, and it doesn’t hurt that the recipe is darn good either!
32. Easy Smoked Sausage and Rice (Cooking Mimi) – Here’s another cheap meal for large families that is perfect for when the day gets away from you and suddenly it’s dinner time and you’ve gotten no meat out to thaw!
33. Kielbasa, Penne and Vegetables in Cheddar Sauce (Cooking Mimi) – This dish is a frugal mom’s (or dad’s) dream. It’s a cheap meal to cook, requires just 10 minutes of prep time, and is a snap to clean up. Seriously, save this one; it’ll come in handy!
34. Red Beans and Rice (Cooking Mimi) – When it comes to cheap meals for large families, the cheapest of those meals typically revolve around beans. That’s not a bad thing. Recipes like this one prove that beans can be tender, flavorful, and satisfying.
35. Vegetable Egg Fried Rice (Caroline’s Cooking) – Use up leftover vegetables with this vegetarian-friendly cheap meal to cook. It’s really great because you can easily swap out veggies based on what’s sitting around in your fridge. Tip: If you want to up the protein level, you could make some kind of teriyaki chicken to chop up and serve in the rice or with it.
36. Harissa-Roasted Vegetables With Couscous (Caroline’s Cooking) – Leaving the meat out is a great way to turn a recipe into a cheap meal for large families. However, sometimes, meatless meals can leave you feeling unsatisfied or even still hungry. Not good! That will not be the case with this vegetable based dish. Note: According to the chef, “Harissa is a Middle-eastern spice paste that’s chili-based with a few other spices and vegetables in there as well giving it a gentle sweetness and aroma.”
37. Gnocchi With Fennel and Pork (Caroline’s Cooking) – Coming up with tummy satisfying cheap meals to cook may require you to think outside of the box. I think that’s the case with this recipe. It sounds a little odd and perhaps intimidating, but since it only requires 5 minutes of prep time and is easy on the wallet, what have you got to lose? (No worries, you’ll like it!) 🙂
38. Baked Sweet Potatoes With Chipotle Chili (Caroline’s Cooking) – This is another cheap meal for large families that’ll allow you to get in those nutritious and delicious sweet potatoes we talked about earlier. Tip: Up the spiciness level (or turn it down) by adjusting the amount of chipotle chili in adobo sauce and cumin used. Tip 2: Make this meal even healthier by using all ground turkey (or chicken) instead of some ground beef.
39. Bean Rice and Cheese Burritos (Cooking Mimi) – Brighten your day and stick to your budget with a burrito! This ooey-goey cheesy goodness is a favorite cheap meal to cook in my home.
Looking for even more cheap meals to cook? Hey, I understand, variety is the spice of life. Get inspired with:
- 39 cheap meals for large families
- 40 cooking for a crowd recipes
- 36 easy cheap chicken recipes
- 56 cheap and easy family meals
- Freebie Finding Mom’s Easy Dinner Recipes on a Budget Pinterest board.