Gluten Free Lunch Side Dish Ideas
16. Italian Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Potatoes (Cinnamon-Spice and Everything Nice) – If you’re trying to live healthier, I don’t recommend this as a stand alone gluten free lunch idea; however, it does make for a great side dish. Pair it with one of the entrees mentioned before.
Tip: If you’re worried about it being too spicy, simply leave out the red pepper flakes.
17. Spinach Hummus (Mama Likes to Cook) – Okay, maybe it’s just me, but the color of this gluten free lunch idea is a little off putting. However, if you can look past that, it tastes great. Break this dish out when the vending machine starts calling your name at work; instead of grabbing potato chips enjoy this hummus with some vegetables.
Tip: Whip this up for your next party (especially Christmas and Saint Patrick’s Day parties) as a healthier alternative to other dips. Your calorie conscious guests will thank you!
Gluten Free Lunch Dessert Ideas
18. Gluten Free Licorice (Freebie Finding Mom) – If you have the tendency to snack at the office than this recipe is for you. This gluten free licorice is a great way to say “no” to other office temptations like candy bars.
Tip: Be naughty and sneak this snack into the movie theater the next time you go! It’s the perfect thing to help you avoid giving in and eating other foods like buttery popcorn.
19. Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches (Freebie Finding Mom) – Okay, this is not a gluten free lunch idea. Please do not eat these for lunch (at least by themselves). However, they are a great gluten free treat to enjoy with your gluten free lunch. If you have access to a freezer be sure to bring extras as your coworkers will want you to share!
Tip: Let the little ones help make these on a hot summer day… and then send them outside to eat them so they don’t get sticky ice cream all over the kitchen.
20. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (Three Different Directions) – Need a gluten free lunch idea (or dessert idea) for a party or office carry-in? Here you go! These delicious cookies only require 4 ingredients, and they’re so good no one will suspect they’re gluten free.
Tip: If you aren’t a very experienced cook and need something super easy, this recipe is it.
21. Flourless Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies (Two Kids and a Coupon) – Here’s another super easy gluten free lunch idea. However, unless your name is the “Cookie Monster” or you’re my child, you should probably save the cookie until after you’ve eaten something else.
Tip: From the author of the recipe: “If you need these cookies to be gluten free, make sure you use a gluten free brand of baking powder. The baking powder can also be left out and still have these be yummy, they will just be a little flatter and less fluffy.”
Bonus: Healthy Breakfast Smoothie – Technically, this is a gluten free breakfast smoothie, but there’s no reason it couldn’t double as a healthy gluten free lunch idea. Simply place it in a thermos or (better) in the refrigerator, so it stays cool until lunch time.
Want more gluten free lunch ideas and low calorie recipes? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Low Calorie Recipes Pinterest board.
Leave a Reply