Easy Chicken Crockpot Recipes: Crockpot Chicken and Salsa
If you’re looking to spice up your work week, than look no further than this easy chicken crockpot recipe for chicken and salsa. Easy crockpot chicken recipes are all over the Internet but this Spanish inspired recipe is a flavorful dish that isn’t easily matched. Not only is it delicious but it’s a great “toss and run” recipe involving little prep time on your part which is perfect for those crazy days where spending an hour or more whipping up dinner simply isn’t an option.
Easy chicken crockpot recipes don’t get much well, easier than this. All you have to do is dice an onion, throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker, and then (6 or 7 hours later) shred the chicken. Whether you’re a super busy mom (or dad) or simply aren’t that confident in your cooking skills, this recipe is for you!
For more easy, delicious and flavorful crockpot meals, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Crockpot Recipes Pinterest board.
3 large chicken breasts
1 can sweet corn
1 can black beans
1 large onion
1 jar salsa
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder
Sour cream (optional)
Shredded cheese (optional)
1. Coat crockpot with nonstick spray or rub well with oil.
2. Place chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. Drain the black beans and the corn and add them to the slow cooker.
4. Pour salsa into the slow cooker.
5. Dice the onion and add it to the slow cooker.
6. Add seasonings to the top, give a quick stir.
7. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
8. After the chicken has finished cooking, shred it with two forks, stir well, replace the slow cooker lid.
9. Cook an additional 30 minutes.
10. Top with sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired, and serve.
Serve this easy chicken crockpot recipe for chicken and salsa over rice for a full meal. You can use white rice, Spanish rice, or a Zatarain’s rice mix (like dirty brown rice).
You can adjust the spiciness of this easy chicken crockpot recipe to fit your family’s tastes by choosing mild or hot salsa and by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper used (for spicy, use 1 tsp).
Leave a Reply