56. One-Pot Mexican Rice Skillet (Two Healthy Kitchens) – This cheap meal for large groups would make a great addition to any Taco Tuesday! It’s simple to make and clean up since it’s a one skillet meal. It’s full of delicious tex-mex flavors. Last but not least, it’s ready in just 30 minutes.
57. Lightened-Up Pasta With Peas and Bacon (Two Healthy Kitchens) – Noodles are a staple in many cheap family dinners, but that doesn’t mean the meal has to be unhealthy. Keep this flavorful dish on the “nice” list by using whole wheat pasta or pasta made from vegetables and turkey bacon. Bonus: Your family can be chowing down on this yummy dinner in just 20 minutes!
58. Easy, Cheesy 5-Ingredient Pizza Pasta Bake (Two Healthy Kitchens) – I know you’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but this cheap meal for family dinners recipe had me at its name. I mean, come on, “easy?” Yes, please! “Cheesy?” For sure! “5 ingredients?” Where have you been all my life? 🙂
59. Easy Sausage Pasta Bake (Two Kids and A Coupon) – This easy pasta dish gives you another creative way to put noodles and other frugal ingredients to good use!
60. Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie (Retro Housewife Goes Green) – Cheap family meals that allow me to use up leftovers or ingredients that won’t be good much longer are some of my favorites. This twist on a traditional pot pie does exactly that. You can use leftover chicken, ham, or turkey plus any vegetables you have lying around (or find on sale at the store).
61. Zucchini Meatballs With Quinoa Pasta (Wilde Terra) – I’m sure I’ve said it a few times in this article, but one easy way to achieve cheap meals for large families is to dish up something meatless. I know that some people really like their meat, so that prospect may not sound too exciting, but give it a try. It’ll save you money and you can try new dishes that I’m sure you’re going to love, like these zucchini meatballs. You can pair these vegetarian meatballs with other dishes (ex. plain old spaghetti) as well.
62. Hawaiian SPAM Skillet Dinner (Dining with Alice) – This super easy dish (ready in just 15 minutes) allows you to save money and take advantage of fun summer flavors like mango.
Stomach still growling for more cheap family meals? Here are 39 cheap meals that are great for large families! Oh, and you can get more culinary inspiration by following Freebie Finding Mom’s:
- Easy Dinner Recipes on a Budget Pinterest board
- Slow Cooker Meals Pinterest board
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes Pinterest board
What are some of your favorite cheap family meals? Please share in the comments.