Are you wondering what exactly to get mom this Mother’s Day? By the way, if you didn’t know it, Mother’s Day is May 11th. If you are worried you can’t get mom what she really wants on a budget, don’t be. According to a survey by Child’s Play Communications, the majority of moms (14.6%) want a homemade Mother’s Day gift from their kids.
So, what are you waiting for? Get crafting. Here are 25 homemade Mother’s Day gifts to get the DIY juices flowing.
Be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Mother’s Day Gifts & Cards Pinterest board where you’ll find additional inspiration like this homemade Mother’s Day gift idea for a mani pedi in a jar.
25 Homemade Mother’s Day Gifts
1. Breakfast in Bed: Serve mom the most important meal of the day in bed.
2. Purse Poems: This homemade Mother’s Day gift is straight from the heart. Write mom a poem and present it to her in a creative way.
3. Tissue Paper Flowers in Terra Cotta Pot: These beautiful tissue paper flowers in a hand painted pot will never wilt. Mom can sit them on her desk at home or the office and never worry about forgetting to water them.
4. We Love You Pillow: Help mom catch some much needed Zs with this homemade Mother’s Day gift.
5. Silhouette Chalkboard: This homemade Mother’s Day gift is a great blend of design and functionality. Turn the adorable little one’s silhouette into a chalkboard that can be used in the kitchen to write notes to the family or start a grocery list.
6. Marshmallow Flowers: Create mom a marshmallow bouquet that is sugary sweet in every way.
7. Fingerprint Candles: This is a homemade Mother’s Day gift that mom can enjoy the next time she’s soaking in a bubble bath (which hopefully will be on Mother’s Day).
8. Hand Print Trees: Use cute little hands to make mom home decor.
9. Photo Bookmarks: Is your mom a bookworm? If so, use pictures of yourself to make her a homemade Mother’s Day gift she’s sure to enjoy: Bookmarks.
10. Mason Jar Recipes: I bet you never knew so many great gifts could come in a jar.
11. Mom Photo: If you aren’t much of a crafter, this homemade Mother’s Day gift may be just the way to go.
12. Shrinky Dink Homemde Mother’s Day Bracelet: A woman can never have enough jewelry right?
13. Glass Tile Pendant: This homemade Mother’s Day gift is sure to be mom’s favorite for years to come. Trust me, she’ll love showing off this pendant wherever she goes.
14. DIY Wrapped Vase: Create custom vases that fit mom’s color scheme.
15. Cork Vases and Containers: Mom is sure to find all kinds of uses for this homemade Mother’s Day gift.
16. Mother’s Day Sun Catcher: Does your mom brighten your day? Now you can help brighten hers with this DIY sun catcher.
17. Mini Picture Magnets: Your mom will love pinning up all your A+ assignments and art projects with these mini picture magnets.
18. Homemade Emergency Kit Clutch: Here’s a homemade Mother’s Day gift that will ensure mom is always prepared.
19. Box of Love: Pair this homemade Mother’s Day gift with a sweet note (read the project instructions for an idea) and its sure to be a gift that your mom will always treasure.
20. Sewing Kit in a Jar: This gift is as cute as a button.
21. Mother’s Day Sachets: If you have old handkerchiefs, repurpose them for this homemade Mother’s Day gift.
22. Stepping Stones: Spring is here and soon mom will be able to get outdoors. Give her these homemade stepping stones to use in the garden.
23. Handmade Beaded Necklaces and Bracelets: Have fun hand-making jewelry for mom. This craft is fairly easy for kids of all ages (use bigger beads for younger children) and not too messy all things considered.
24. 10 Things to Love About Mom: Use this homemade Mother’s Day gift to tell mom 10 of the ways you love her. If you can’t narrow it down to 10 you can always add more pages.
25. Vacation Memory Jar: This homemade Mother’s Day gift will help mom preserve those sweet summer vacation memories for a lifetime.
Do these 25 homemade Mother’s Day gifts get you inspired to start crafting? Do you have other ideas for homemade Mother’s Day gifts? If so, share them in the comments.