Mother’s Day isn’t far off. This year, instead of burnt toast and orange juice in bed, how about getting mom what she really wants? Don’t worry, what mom really wants won’t break the bank because it isn’t a trip to the spa, fancy jewelry, or a weekend getaway. What does mom really want? According to the Huffington Post, most moms want a DIY gift from the kids and then a day off. Yes, you read that right. Your mom wants something you made and then just a day to herself. Heck, that’s practically free!
For this Mother’s Day, which is Sunday, May 11th, make your mom a homemade Mother’s Day card. After she’s read it, go away. 🙂 Give her some “me” time. Your mom loves you but give her a day to be off-duty. She’s sure to love her homemade Mother’s Day card and free day more than anything you can buy at the store.
Here are 25 homemade Mother’s Day cards to get you inspired. To go along with these homemade Mother’s Day cards, consider making mom a homemade gift too. Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Gifts Pinterest board for lots of great ideas.
Mother’s Day Cards Made by Hand and Foot
1. I Love You This Much: Forget traditional cards. This homemade Mother’s Day card is an out-of-the-box treat that shows mom just how much you love her.
2. Footprint Butterfly: Put cute little feet to work to make mom a butterfly Mother’s Day card.
3. Hand and Footprint Flower Card: Give mom a flower that will never die with this homemade Mother’s Day card. Warning, since paint is involved I recommend close supervision. Mom does not want to spend her day off trying to get paint out of the carpet.
4. Hand Print Heart Card: This card is cute, easy, and quick to make. All you need is some construction paper, paint, and little hands.
5. Hand Formed Heart Card: If you want to stay away from paint but still make a homemade Mother’s Day card, try this idea. Use two different colors of construction paper, scissors, and glue to make a hand formed heart.
6. Footprint Butterfly: Here’s another take on using little feet to make mom a butterfly card.
7. Family of Hand Print Flowers: This one is a twofer. Mom get’s a homemade Mother’s Day card and a stunning bouquet of flowers.
8. Thumb Print Hearts: This card idea was originally for Valentine’s Day but it can easily be repurposed for Mother’s Day.
9. From the Bottom of My Heart to the Tip of My Toes: This homemade Mother’s Day card is so adorable it’s sure to bring tears to Mom’s eyes.
10. Hand Print Glitter Heart Card: This glittery, shiny card is sure to catch mom’s eye.
11. Finger Print Flower with Mother’s Day Poem: Use tiny fingers and paint to make a flower for mom’s homemade Mother’s Day card. Finish it off with a poem you wrote.
Homemade Mother’s Day Flowers
12. Tissue Paper Flower Bouquet: These beautiful flowers will never wilt or die.
13. Silk Flowers with Button Centers Adorned Happy Mother’s Day Card: The flowers on this homemade Mother’s Day card are as cute as a button.
14. Spring Inspired Bouquet of Flowers Mother’s Day Card: This card may be a little more labor intensive than some of the others but it’s definitely worth it for the best mom ever.
15. Free Printable Mother’s Day Card with Tissue Paper Flower Bouquet: If you aren’t much of a DIY-er, consider a free printable homemade Mother’s Day card. You can dress it up with a tissue paper flower bouquet or just write a sweet message inside.
16. Silk Flowers in a Cupcake Baking Cup Pot: These flowers will jump off the page at mom.
17. Pitcher of Flowers: Mum’s the word on Mother’s Day. This homemade Mother’s Day card is definitely better than anything you’ll find in the card aisle at the supermarket.
18. Pocket Full of Flowers: April showers bring May flowers. Use your crafting prowess to make a homemade Mother’s Day card that is perfect for spring.
More Thoughtful, Homemade Mother’s Day Cards
19. Tissue Paper Petal Heart: Use all different colors of tissue paper to make mom a beautiful card she’s sure to treasure.
20. Flower Petal Butterfly: Use live flower petals to make a homemade Mother’s Day card in the shape of a butterfly.
21. Mother’s Day Flap Book Card: Tell mom all the reasons you love her this Mother’s Day.
22. Happy Mother’s Day Pop Up Card: This pop up card is a Hallmark worthy creation.
23. Spinning Mother’s Day Cards: Put your smiling face on this crafty homemade Mother’s Day card.
24. I Love You With a Cherry on Top: This card looks good enough to eat!
25. I Love You to Pieces: This homemade Mother’s Day card is great for kids of all ages and relatively low on the messy scale.
There you have it, 25 homemade Mother’s Day cards. Do you have other ideas for homemade Mother’s Day cards? Share them in the comments.
Leave a Reply