Being pregnant is an amazing thing. You’re making a human life. You’ve got that beautiful glow. Unfortunately, it isn’t all sunshine. Complete strangers touch your stomach… without asking. And then there’s the stretch marks. Yikes!
Now, thanks to this homemade stretch mark cream, you can fend off those unsightly stretch marks. Unfortunately, it won’t do anything for those strangers who insist on patting your belly… sorry.
This homemade stretch mark cream contains ingredients that are fabulous for your skin including coconut oil, cocoa butter, and vitamin E oil. The cocoa butter in this homemade stretch mark cream is a natural moisturizer with amazing properties. For example, it is rich in antioxidants that can help sooth scars, scratches, and yes, stretch marks. The benefits of using coconut oil on your skin have been discussed on Freebie Finding Mom many times. If you missed out, you can read more about the health benefits of coconut oil here.
You can put together this homemade stretch mark cream in just a few minutes with very little fuss. Perhaps the best feature of this homemade stretch mark cream is that you know what is in it. When you buy a product from the store there are sure to be many ingredients you don’t understand and it can be a little scary to expose your baby to those… here you know exactly what you’re getting.
Want more recipes like this homemade stretch mark cream? Be sure to check out Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board.
Homemade Stretch Mark Cream
2. Heat in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well each time until combined.
3. Allow mixture to cool for about 10 minutes then pour mixture into bowl of stand (or hand) mixer.
4. Add vitamin E oil, frankincense, and lavender.
5. Blend for 3-5 minutes until fluffy and well mixed.
6. Transfer to an airtight container.
This homemade stretch mark cream will be thick but not firm, if you prefer it to be more solid keep it in the refrigerator.
Please note: There is debate on the safety of using certain essential oils (like those found in this homemade stretch mark cream) while pregnant or breastfeeding, please do your own research and determine whether you feel comfortable using them.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.