In my opinion, baking and the holiday season go together like PB&J or hot chocolate and marshmallows, which explains why there seems to be a perpetual cloud of flour and powdered sugar hanging over my kitchen around this time of year. Of course, I always make the must-have “classics” like Christmas cookies and this holiday fudge but it’s also fun to try new festive creations like reindeer marshmallow pops and this brownie bites recipe.
This brownie bites recipe brings together some irresistible ingredients, flavors, and textures. You’ve got your chocolate and strawberries, sweet and just a little tart, crumbly (the brownie) with creamy richness (the frosting). Trust me, this brownie bites recipe is quite simply a marriage made in heaven.
In addition to tasting too good to be true, this brownie bites recipe is adorable. You end up with these tasty trees all decked out for the holidays, complete with a “star” on top.
Tip: Take a photo of the finished product from this brownie bites recipe quickly! I guarantee they won’t last long!
Oh, and if you’d like to round out your holiday menu with more Christmas and winter themed foods, here are some of my favorites:
- Christmas tree peanut butter blossoms
- Christmas tree and snowman cheese balls
- Christmas tree cheese platter
- Christmas tree bread
On top of tasting and looking good, this brownie bites recipe is easy to make. No, it isn’t as easy as popping pre-made store-bought cookie dough into the oven but this brownie bites recipe is certainly easier than many of the inspiring desserts you’ll find on Pinterest. And a whole heck of a lot yummier than any store-bought cookie dough I’ve ever tried! You aren’t going to see me featured on the Food Network anytime soon but I can pull this brownie bites recipe off, so other words, it isn’t too complicated. 🙂
Note: Here are 41 more easy Christmas recipes.
Furthermore, you won’t dirty every dish in your kitchen making this brownie bites recipe, which is nice because I’m sure you have plenty of other household chores to do this time of year. I know I do!
So, just to recap, this brownie bites recipe is:
- Easy on the eyes
- Fool proof (or nearly so)
Not too shabby right?
Ready to get a jump start on the holiday season with this brownie bites recipe? Fantastic! Here we go….
Box of brownie mix (calls for eggs, oil, and water)
Betty Crocker green frosting
Red sugar sprinkles
Red and white candy cane sprinkles
Star frosting tip
Non-stick cooking spray
Mini cupcake pan
1. Spray a mini cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water.
3. Fill mini cupcake molds 3/4 of the way full with brownie batter.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
5. Let brownies cool and remove from the pan.
6. Wash strawberries and remove stems.
7. Apply a dab of frosting to the bottom of a strawberry and a dab to the top of a brownie. Press strawberry to the brownie, using the frosting to hold the two pieces together.
8. Using the star tip, start frosting around the bottom edges of the strawberry, working your way to the top.
9. Top the “tree” with a yellow M&M.
10. Gently place candy cane sprinkles on the tree and top with sugar sprinkles.
11. Repeat steps 7-10 with each brownie.
12. Enjoy the fruits of your brownie bites recipe!
Looking for even more indulgent holiday recipes like this brownie bites recipe? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Christmas Recipes and Decadent Desserts Pinterest boards.