Savings Chart Update Week 30: Redeemed Recyclebank Points to Earn $5 Amazon eGift Card = $5 in Savings
If you are a frequent follower of Freebie Finding Mom, you know about my strong admiration for Amazon, so it will come as no surprise to you that I was super pumped to discover that Recyclebank was offering a $5 eGift card when you redeem 1,500 points. Sure, I have to use several of the Recyclebank points I have accumulated, but I am perfectly fine with that considering how much I buy from Amazon. I am looking forward to placing my next Amazon purchase, so I can save $5 that was made possible simply by completing Recyclebank quizzes and for doing my part to save the planet. How cool!
This week’s savings brings my family’s savings chart total to $3,751.60. Head over here to check out my Week 1-29 savings chart entries. I encourage you to join me in recording your weekly savings with this free printable savings chart. It is fun to track how much money you can save by making simple, smart money decisions.
By the way, if you are wondering why I LOVE Amazon so much, it would take me quite some time to provide you with the extensive list, but I have compiled my top 5 reasons. 🙂
Top 5 Reasons Why I Love Amazon
- They have nearly everything! Amazon carries everything from diapers to cameras to grocery items and everything in between.
- They have FREE 2 day shipping with an Amazon Prime membership. I have recently become an Amazon Prime member which provides me with free 2 day shipping on items sold by Amazon. This comes in handy for last minute gift ideas or when I run out of household items and I won’t be able to get to the store. Learn more about Amazon Prime and its numerous benefits.
- Free shipping during the holidays when you sign up for Amazon Prime trial. If you do not want to become an Amazon Prime member you can still save money on shipping when you sign up for a free trial. This is especially smart during the holiday time when you are making lots of purchases.
- Subscribe & Save reduces the need to lug home big, bulky household products like toilet paper, paper towels, detergent, etc. and I save money on these purchases. Subscribe & Save is one of my latest obsessions. I am now subscribing to many of our household items through this program which means I do not have to remember when to order or purchase them at the store, they are automatically shipped based on when I want them delivered. Plus, Amazon offers you a discount for signing up for this service, so not only am I saving significant money on many household items, but I do not have the burden of hauling them home because they are delivered right to my door for free!
- A new best bargain each day where you can snag big savings. Amazon makes available a top deal of the day which is an item that is substantially marked down. I must confess I enjoy waking up each day to discover what’s new. Be sure to visit Freebie Finding Mom daily because I always share the best bargain of the day if I think it will be useful to you.
Are you an Amazon fan? What are your favorite items to buy on Amazon.com? Please share in the comments.