Photo credit: Zenatco
Savings Chart Update Week 6: Bought $31.50 of Coupons for $4.07 = $27.43 in Savings
Welcome to this week’s savings chart update! If you have followed Freebie Finding Mom for any length of time, you may be familiar with my fondness for coupon clipping services. Essentially you are buying the coupons you need for a nominal fee, letting someone else do all the work of finding, clipping and mailing them. Some couponers are not especially fond of using coupon clipping services because they do reduce your savings, but in my opinion, the time it saves is well worth the added expense.
Every couple of months or so I place an order for coupons with a coupon clipping service, like Coupon Dede or The Coupon Carry-Out. My purchase typically coincides with my local Kroger running a promotion like its current Mix & Match Buy 5, Save $5. With many of the products eligible in the Mix & Match promotion being household and drug items and my stockpile running low, it is an ideal time to order coupons and stock up.
This week I purchased $31.50 worth of coupons from Coupon Dede for only $4.07 including $0.96 for shipping. This will net my family a weekly’s savings of $27.43 to be added to our savings chart. Unfortunately my local Kroger has ceased doubling coupons which would have resulted in even greater savings.
Here’s are the coupons I bought:
(8) $0.75 off 1 bag of Tyson Fun Nuggets because my son is addicted
(4) $1.00 off two StarKist Select Tuna products because I have been on a tuna kick as of late
(2) $6.00 off three Gillette cartridges, razors, shave prep or skin
(2) $1.50 off one Scope mouthwash
(1) $2.00 off three Crest toothpaste, Crest rinse, Oral-B glide flosses, or Glide floss picks
(1) $3.00 off three Tide detergents, Tide boost, Tide washing machine cleaner, Tide to Go or Bounce
(1) $1.50 off two packages of Kotex Natural Balance products
To learn more about coupon clipping services, check out my article “Coupon Clipping Services ““ A Busy Mom’s Secret Weapon.”
Have you ever used coupon clipping services before? If so, what has been your experience?