Can you believe we will be starting a New Year in less than two weeks? That means all the yummy holiday eats will be gone and New Year’s resolutions will be in full swing. If losing weight and getting healthier in the New Year is your resolution, listen up. Thanks to my collaboration with #CollectiveBias I am able to share with you a recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth but keep your waistline in check.
I #LoveMyCereal so I wanted to incorporate a hearty helping of Quaker® Oatmeal Squares into a delicious and filling snack mix that is coated with sweetness and loaded with goodness, which resulted in this recipe for Maple Pecan Snack Mix with Cranberries. This recipe for Maple Pecan Snack Mix with Cranberries is packed with vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and other nutrients that will fuel your body with the energy you need to get through your day (no matter how crazy it is). As the mom of a two year old boy I need all the help I can get to make it to nap time and this snack mix will do the trick.
Not only will I have no guilt devouring this snack mix, I will eagerly share this with my son as well. I love finding ways to incorporate good nutrients into his diet and with this sweet maple coating he’ll be none the wiser; so I headed to Walmart to pick up everything I needed for this recipe. Not sure where to find Quaker® Oatmeal Squares? As you can see in the picture below, it’s next to other Quaker® items like Quaker® Real Medleys®, Quaker® Simply Granola and Quaker® Life in the cereal aisle.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead, #QuakerUp and give this recipe a try!
Maple Pecan Snack Mix with Cranberries
8 cups Quaker Brown Sugar Squares
½ cup butter or margarine
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup pecans
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 250°
2. Line a large baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
4. In a small saucepan over medium heat bring butter, syrup, and brown sugar to a boil.
5. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and baking soda.
6. Pour mixture all over cereal mixture in bowl, stir well to coat.
7. Spread evenly across cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 1 hour, stirring two to three times during baking.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely then break it up into smaller pieces.
10. Store in an airtight container.